CS 1000 IP to Analog Adapter

I am going to purchase a CS 1000E and require analog device support at several remote locations which do not have copper connectivity back to the PBX. Does Nortel has a IP to analog adapter? They have recommended an SRG 50 however this seams overkill for location that only need one analog port.

Thanks

Reply to
TSI
Loading thread data ...

I am going to purchase a CS 1000E and require analog device support at several remote locations which do not have copper connectivity back to the PBX. Does Nortel has a IP to analog adapter? They have recommended an SRG 50 however this seams overkill for location that only need one analog port.

Thanks

Reply to
TSI

Probably the easiest thing to do unless you CS 1K has SIP.

If your CS 1K has SIP then you could get a Grandstream or some other analog SIP adapter and then make a Static Routing entry into your Signaling Server.

Reply to
<no-spam-to-cromero-please

You can also use a H323 ATA adapter. Audio Codec work very fine with Nortel.

Reply to
Morbus

Try the Audiocodes recommended by Nortel.

MP112 (2 port FXS), MP114 (4 port FXS), etc all register as NRS endpoints.

Thanks

Reply to
gopher

Do you know if they are static or dynamic endpoints?

Reply to
<no-spam-to-cromero-please

Not sure of the difference between static and dynamic endpoints - the analog applications I need to support are POS, Fax and cordless phone. I know Nortel supports Fax but not POS (modem).

Reply to
TSI

Dynamic endpoints

You can configure both primary and alternate TLAN addresses on the Audiocode. H323 ID must match in the NRS database.

MP112 (2 port FXS), MP114 (4 port FXS), etc all register as NRS endpoints.

Thanks

Reply to
gopher

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.