Contact Center 6.0 Scripting Question

We have voice prompt that we manually invoke during heavy call volumes stating "We are currently experiencing Heavy call Volumes, Please expect long wait times" or something along those lines.

It has a Boolean script variable of "true" or "false" that has to be manually changed.

I am wondering if there is any way to automate this prompt so that if a specific Application or skillset or CDN sees a specific number of calls over a specified period of time it would be able to automatically invoke that message instead of having a supervisor (who is not always around) manually invoke the voice prompt.

Thx again,

John Mitchell

Reply to
John
Loading thread data ...

Hi John,

We're currently on Symposium 5. I would imagine this should work for you. Determine how many calls waiting you need to have Q'd before you want this msg to be played. Then create a Global Variable (say Heavy_Call_Vol_GV) that will contain this digit. I can't remember the intrinsic for Calls Waiting, and lets say your Boolean Variable is called Bool_Var for this exercise. You will need to fill Bool_Var with "False" at the top of the script. Now have a check near the top of your script that might go something along the lines of:

if Heavy_Call_Vol_GV = (whatever the intrinsic for Calls Waiting is) then Bool_Var = "true" else execute (section name) end if

But that's working on the way that I structure my scripts, yours could be entirely different. It's kinda hard without having your script in front of me. On tope of that i haven't had to write or mod a script for a while so I'm a bit rusty, and all my books are at the office. Hope that helped a little.

Reply to
Renegade

Actually, that End If will need to go before the Execute SectionName, and the else will need to be dropped. Bah, my poor beer soaked memory........

Reply to
Renegade

Thx for the update, and I can relate to "My poor beer soaked memory". I don't actually do much scripting and was wondering if it was a possibility. I will follow through with our second level external support to have them help me implement the script.

Thx again,

John

Reply to
John

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.