Can't Listen to Forwarded CallPilot Messages using the Phone, only PC.

Hi there, I'm new so please excuse me if I'm posting to the wrong place or the wrong way. I looked over the archives and did not see a previous post with an answer.

We have a BCM and Call Pilot. We use Outlook to retrieve Voice Mails and Faxes.

The problem arises when someone forwards a Voice Mail using Outlook, the recepient only has the option to listen to it via the PC's speakers (or Headphones), not using the Telephone set as they normally do. Depending on the time of day and the amount of activity in the office, it can get very hard to listen to the sound through the speakers.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks a bunch,

Eduardo Yus

Reply to
Eduardo
Loading thread data ...

This is the right place and that's the right question. I might be missing other follow-ups, but if I am it, I am sorry to say I ain't got Call Pileup yet.

I am pretty sure in Outlook, under menu "Tools" there are specific options in Call Pilot's menu item - where you can specify message playback use phone, PC, or both.

Reply to
GHTROUT

You are correct, those options exist, and normally you can switch back and forth the playback option of using the Computer or the Phone. However the phone is greyed out when playing a Forwarded message, so users can only listen using the Computer.

Reply to
Eduardo Yus

I asume you can only listen to a voicemail message of your own mailbox. The program creates a connection between your phone and mailbox in callpilot. When a vaicemail message is forwarded by email, you can only listen to the forwarded soundfile on your PC (speakers) and probably not to the original message on callpilot by phone, because its not your mailbox.

Pennyman

Reply to
Pennyman

If you forward the call to another user that has the CallPilot unified client then you should be able to listen to the call via the phone. As the attachment will stay within call piolt. Check that the user that is having the problem can listen to other messages via the phone ie calls originally for that user. It may be that te user has been configured only to listen via the PC.

PD_S

Reply to
PaulDS

Indeed, the users (it is the same for all +/- 25), can listen to original messages via PC or Phone. Forwarded messages Hold it.....

As I typed this, I realized what is going on. The problem is that users are forwarding the messages and picking the user from the Global Address List, that moves the message to the Exchange world and thus no longer in the CallPilot/BCM world. I did a test and forwarded using the Callpilot Address Book and it works fine, you can listen either way.

Thanks to all for making me think about a solution.

Reply to
Eduardo Yus

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.