BCM 400 V3.7 PRI outbound CLID

I am a central office person trying to help a vendor who has a BCM 400. The customer wants to send their caller ID as "Private" and not display at the terminating end. Because this is an NI-2 PRI connected to a DMS-100 central office, we can not override the presentation indicator sent via the PRI SETUP message (Telcordia states on NI-2 LEC can not manipulate presentation indicator). We are not able to find any settingin the BCM 400 to make this change. On the Nortel website, there is a solution for a European PRI as shown below. Any ideas or hints? Thanks.

Goal: How to block CLI on the BCM/Norstar?

Fact: Block CLID Calling Line Identification BCM Norstar BCM 2.5 BCM 3.0 BCM 3.5

Problem Resolution

Fix: Use the feature code F819 or Press F819, but what does this do? That depends. Below is for ETSI ISDN only.

1. For PRI, the BCM uses "suppression bit". This means that an ISDN information element is sent down the D-channel during the call set-up, this tells the exchange to withhold the CLI. There is no programming to change this.

1. For BRI there are 2 options: A. Under Loop programming set the "ONN blocking state" to Suppression bit - then the same as above will happen B. Under Loop programming set the "ONN blocking state"Service code" with this set, the BCM sends extra digits in front of the dialling string to the exchange. But what digits? Those set in Telco features >

ONN blocking. The exchange then reacts to the numbers. For example, 141 in the UK Suppression bit conforms to the ETSI standard Service code is not part of ETSI standard but is used by BT. The set you are dialling from must have a valid OLI number for this to work, otherwise the exchange may send the "main" number.

Note: To un-block that is to undo F819 do a F#819.

Reply to
sgrimm
Loading thread data ...

You need to build a screening table to screen out anything other than DID numbers.

The vendor needs to populate the OLI line to send DID or leave it blank to have your screening table take over and substitute pilot number.

Reply to
XBarNone

I understand what your saying, but it doesn't solve the problem. The customer wants their CLID display as "Private Number" on the terminating end. This can only be done if the presentation indicator (PI) is set to "Restricted". For NI-2, the central office is not allowed to alter the PI sent by the customer (per TELCORDIA and lack of features in the central office). The PI sent from the customer is "ALLOWED". I am looking for some method to change the presentation indicator in the BCM to "Restricted" Something similar to the feature described above for the Euro PRI.

Reply to
sgrimm

Sorry I misunderstood the problem. The solution is easy. The user just has to active ONN blocking before each call by using "feature 819" on their phone. On some older systems you must have an entry in the OLI window of the set for this to work. The one I just tested on I had to do this. I entered

2015551212 in the OLI window of an active DN on the Line Assignments page. This means that the BCM will try to send that number as the ANI. As this falls outside of the screening tables parameters, it is stripped and the pilot number was substituted. If however I activated "feature 819" first before dialing, I got "Private Call" showing up on the ID of the phone I called.
Reply to
XBarNone

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.