Latest threads in General Home Automationshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

X10 Camera question
How is the X10 camera? I get lots of advertisements for the X10 camera on various programs, including Internet Explorer and MusicMatch. It seems ideal for catching snooping maids, which can be a...

DSC 832 Wil Not Communicate
I cannot get my Power832 communicator to dial my cell phone. After a forced alarm, the event buffer shows the (deliberate) zone opening but shows no attempts to communicate at all. There are no FTCs...

Powerful USB Analysers
The Ellisys 200 USB Analyser will capture and display USB data at up to 480 Mbps, the USB 2 "High Speed" rate. It has just been enhanced by the addition of two new and powerful options - a real time...

Starting from scratch new build
Greetings, We will be building a new home in the spring and acting as the general contractor. I'm looking for ideas for home automation. X-10 seems to be the most common type of technology used. I've...

Froggy temperature sensors anyone?
I would like something that will log temperatures from about 4 or 5 locations around my house (would need to be wireless), and be able to either download the readings to my computer or poll it in real...

SmartHome
I am looking at the software for SmartHome 1132CUP. Most looks easy to use but I can't figure out how to make a timed event at 11PM for an "All Off" function. Does anyone know how to do this? TIA....

i-command
Has anyone used or seen the i-command automation system. I'm also interested in pricing. This website is for sale! i-command.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re...

OEM chips for X-10 available?
Hello. I'm new on X10 and home automation, but have been on electronics for several years. I'm looking for some OEM module or "all-in-one" chip containing all the circuitry for...

Xantech's MRC88 Keypad
Hi, Does any of you guys know how does Xantech use the pins of the RJ45 termninal for the MRC88 keypad? I need to figure out which pins are used for +12, ground and IR IN. Thanks a lot in advanced...

New site: Mike's Jukebox (UK)
I've just finished creating a web site describing our home jukebox. 's an excerpt from the home page: "This site will be of interest to you if you're thinking of creating your own PC-based jukebox. It...

two prong x10 plug-in filter?
I have found that my laptop power supply sucks up x10 signals. My desktop computer does a little, but it's workable. Both of these devices are plugged into the same powerstrip that is then plugged...

all housecode remote
I am looking for an all-housecode RF remote for X10. It does not seem to me that this should be such a difficult thing to find, but I have not found one. Any suggestions? bblackmoor 2005-02-07

Lamplinc strange dimming response
Last December I discovered LampLincs, as a better X10 module. I have a bunch of the 2000SHL's. After discovering the (slow) timing problems with their programming, I've run into something weird. I...

PCS X10 Smart Switches Scenemaster V3.0 New for Sale
I just posted several brand new PCS switches on Ebay. These were extra's from a whole house project I just completed. Great price. Item number: 5955213409 Listing details Item name: PCS SCENEMASTER...

Connecting PC/MAC to Home Security System
I need some help/advice on where to get started. I am writing some software (more details on that later) that will essentially serve as another sensor in the home (intruder detection sensor). Where I...