X10 Light Switch - comes on dim

I have some X10 light switches for my outside lights. I'm running ActiveHome to schedule them on and off at dusk and dawn. From time to time they come on in a dimmed mode. Any thoughts why?

EricD

Reply to
Eric
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Dave Houston

Dave,

One of the switches is an XPDI3-IW and the other is an XPD3-IW. It's weird the way they are coming on at dusk in a dimmed state. For instance, last night they came on at 30%, but both were the same, they always are.

You mentioned that some of the switches are on/off only. Which ones?

I've found the part numbering schemes of X10, X10 Pro, and apparently some other lines quite confusing.

EricD

Reply to
Eric

AFAIK those are both only one way and I don't believe they have "memory dim". However, I do not try to keep up with all of the latest features.

Do you have motion or dawn/dusk sensors that turn on the lights? Do you have a phase coupler? It could be that you're experiencing collisions of PLC commands with the result being a Dim command.

SmartHome's ToggleLinc PLC switch is On/Off only.

formatting link
They also have a n>Dave,

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.