X10 Clueless

I want to have X10 control some outside lights with a dusk to dawn feature so there is no messing with timers. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Jeff Hall
Loading thread data ...

Look at a motion sensor with Dusk/Dawn sensor.

Like ActiveEye

Reply to
Brian

Jeff,

I am not sure if this is what you are talking about, but here is the option that Brian just recommended.

formatting link
Let me know if it is something else you are looking for.

Clint Bushaw Insomniac Online Sales

formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@insomniacsales.com

Reply to
insomniac

=>I want to have X10 control some outside lights with a dusk to dawn feature =>so there is no messing with timers. Any suggestions?

I have a similar application that I'm interested in.

The X10 Powerhouse MiniTimer Model MT10A is what I have here now, and it's perfectly adequate for all but one application--turning ON the front-porch light at dusk. As it is now, I have it programmed to come ON at what I think is dusk now and will be for several weeks. But then I have to change it again as the seasons change. It's programmed to go OFF at 10:15PM, which serves as the signal, "Go Away! We're Asleep!" (works, too)

I have not dug into the innards of the timer. And here's my question. Has anybody out there interfaced an LDR circuit with the timer to trigger the ON signal to a particular channel? There may be a way to close the circuit in the "on" section of the mechanical channel switch. I'm casting about for ideas before I start soldering and unsoldering...

Thanks in advance Terry--WB4FXD Edenton, NC

Reply to
Terry

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.