X-10 alternatives for 220V equipment?

I've been using Leviton 220V X-10 receptacles to control swimming pool equipment and their lifespan is disappointing - they don't seem to last even two seasons. I realize that there are various hardwired alternatives that are more weatherproof, but I want to keep using X-10 for flexibility with my HomeSeer setup.

Has anyone been in my situation and found a better alternative? For example, if I used the X-10 HD245 modules and brought them inside for the winter, would I have better luck? Thanks.

Reply to
Stu Alden
Loading thread data ...

How about using a standard appliance module to drive a small wall-wart, which in turn activates a robust relay that would take care of your current requirement?

Regards,

Anand

Reply to
nature_girl90

Check out the 9100 from Elk Products at

formatting link
The HD245's from X10 have the same internal mechanism as the Leviton receptacles. I think they wear out from use more than from temperature extremes.

Reply to
R. Lejeune

The Elk 9100 is great, they are serious heavy duty X10

I would also recommend the ACT RB204 (ACT makes the best industrial grade X10 stuff)

formatting link
RB204 has some extra features such as the ability for remote manual control (simple contact closure) and the relay is user replaceable.

Reply to
none

Reply to
Stu Alden

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.