wireless security alternatives..

so, i had a powerhome ps561 console.

it died.

awkwardly and slowly.

now i can;t install any devices on it.

what is a good alternative?

i need it to take input from the wireless door and window sensors, remotes, and keychain remotes, and do the alarm thing to x10 lamp controllers, and the powerhorn siren. and maybe do that telephone dialout thing, and room listen-in function.

i never liked the thing;s user interface. very clunky.

and it seemed to drain the backup battery even though it was always on ac power.

so what can do what the ps561 was doing?

i don;t really want a computer to be involved, plus as i said it needs to receive signals from the existing sensors and remotes.

thx wle.

Reply to
wle
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Dave Houston

You're SOL as far as trying to find a security panel that's compatible with your existing sensors unless it's a direct replacement for the same unit you have. Manufacturers of modern alarm panels don't make their wireless products to "cross" between panels of a different make. Most have their own ideas of how best to ensure the integrity of their equipment and it also prevents "cross-talk" when you run into "neighboring" installations.

Have a look at the DSC line of products

formatting link
particularly the "Power" series. They're fairly easy to program and will interface with your existing X-10 automation components. These products are available from a wide variety of online stores and home automation companies, or alternatively, you can purchase the components from a local alarm dealer who may also be in the position of assisting you (for a small fee of course) should you run into any problems.

Good luck!!! :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.