ToggleLinc

Hello all,

I am trying to figure out the source on ToggleLinc switches. Is it manufactured by Smarthome or some other??

What I am trying to find in a Distributor that handles the product line so that I may purchase at a (maybe) wholesale price.

Any thoughts or direction pointing would be helpful.

Thanks,

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Dave Houston

The following URL will take you to comments in this newsgroup about problems with *Linc products:

formatting link
That URL was condensed by tinyurl.com from the following original search:
formatting link
Judge for yourself.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
Dave Houston

Hi Dave thanks for responding.

I have a customer that has designer/purty/painted wall plates that they do not want to give up for Decora style switches. Therefore I am looking for a toggle type x10 switch so it will fit. I don't particularly like the push button type that x10 makes and was looking for an alternative.

Although one draw back is that I may need to have a neutral in the box. At this time I am not sure so I will have to pull the designer/purty/painted wall plates to be sure.

The ToggleLinc will fit the requirements. I was hoping to find them in distribution but that seems to not be the case. However a other poster gave reference to some problems (like nobody else has ever had any) with the ToggleLinc devices. But the references were from 2002 so my hope would be that if they had a problem it has been fixed since then.

Do you have any knowledge or experience on the product line?? Especially to the 23892W model???

Thanks in advance.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

You can buy them from Smarthome's dealers - you just aren't likely to find them at a discount.

I've been using a ToggleLinc PLC (#23895W, non-dimming) with a 60-year old fluorescent light in one bathroom for several months and am very happy with it. (It was a tight fit in the j-box.) I also have a new Insteon capable version on order to use with another ancient fluorescent in my kitchen.

It does take a while to get used to the spr>Hi Dave thanks for responding.

Reply to
Dave Houston

Dave,

Thanks for the input.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

Check with Martin at Automated Outlet. He is an excellent vendor.

formatting link

Reply to
Gemini

Thanks I will look into them.

Reply to
ABLE_1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.