Random ALL ON Signals

Ok, i got a real good one for everyone out there.. I have been using the X10 system for several years, and has grown in my home over the years, and now just about includes all my lights and applinaces.. I use Homeseer, for timing and controlling, as well as one or two touch screen controllers. Every so often, lately more then not. At random times, everything on my 'F' Code goes ON! Lilghts, A/C, Fans, Etc.. If its on the F code, it turns on... It is driving me nuts.. i have a AT004 Tester, but am not even sure where to begin. Anyone ever see this?! or have any idea or any help would be so very much appericaited.

Thanks Fred

Reply to
The Taz
Loading thread data ...

Do the logs from your software show a command at the time of the event?

The AT004 specs say, "Can log noise and frame data over a 24 hour period." Can you use this to log events?

Do both lamp and appliance modules turn on? (There is no single X-10 command that will activate both light and appliance modules.)

What powerline interface do you use?

What RF transceivers are in use?

formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

My first guess might be "check with the neighbors".

I had weird things happen on one HC occur a year or so back. The guys across the street had just had a pool installed, and their pool contractor had given them a "remote control". He set it for a HC I was using. They used "all on" and "all off" when they hit the pool, and my lights appeared to change at random.

With X10, any neighbor on the same transformer can add weirdness. Might be a strong enough signal for a module, but not strong enough to show up at a controller based on where it's connected. (that was my case)

The guys across the street has no clue on what x10 was, only that they had a remote for their pool. When they showed me the remote, I saw what it was, and which HC it was set to, and just moved my stuff off that HC.

The Taz wrote:

Reply to
AZ Woody

Ok heres the weird thing, it just happened last night.. I checked the logs on my home seer and heres what i got... 11/9/2006 10:04:30 PM X10 Received B3 (Hallway Light) B Off 11/9/2006 10:04:39 PM X10 Received A12 (Kitchen Water Cooler) A Off 11/9/2006 10:04:40 PM X10 Received A12 (Kitchen Water Cooler) A Off 11/9/2006 10:04:46 PM X10 Received A7 (Living Room Table Lamp) A Off 11/9/2006 10:05:00 PM Info Event Trigger "Front Door Bug Light off nights" 11/9/2006 10:05:00 PM Info Device: Outside Front Door Bug Light (C3) OFF 11/9/2006 10:05:13 PM X10 Received F All Units Off

You can see my F ALL units off code after it happened... but nothing absolutly nothing in the logs show anything to turn everything on., And i am a little unsure how to use the AT004, but i am going to try and set it up this weeekend. and thats the weirdest part of it, its eveything, Lamps, Appliances, alike all turn on, At the exact same moment, its not a Sequencial thing, its all at once.. lights, and a/c's and fans, etc.. I have the following set up in my home Im Running homeseer using a ACT TI103 interface... I also have a Interface/Coupler Homepro Amplified X10 Coupler Repeater W/ Repeated Signal Detection

formatting link
addition to a Leviton Whole-House Surge Protector

formatting link
i know has no affect on x10. But that is my set up, I also have one or two RF transceivers i dont recall but im pretty sure NONE of them are on the F house code.. i use a few wireless motion sensors, thats why i use the rf transeivers, but they are on a different house code, im pretty sure. I will try and set up the AT004 this weekend, and keep everyone posted, any info on this would be awsome though. P.S Does any one have in use the Homepro Amplified X10 Coupler Repeater W/ Repeated Signal Detection
formatting link
can share with me the ideal dip switch configuration?!

Thanks Fred

Reply to
The Taz

OK. Are all of the devices affected on wall switches, plug-in modules, a mixture?

Some X-10 made wall switches and some plug-in modules can be directly affected by spike type transients and the microcontrollers in them can also be reset by a dip in supply voltage. Until I replaced the (standard) switch, one of my LM14A modules would frequently turn off whenever I turned off an old fluorescent in one bathroom. The spike from the collapsing magnetic field of the ballast was the culprit. A relay type of switch in the bathroom cured it. Others have found that motors starting/stopping can have the same effect.

I think your log eliminates the possibility that there is a valid X-10 signal on the powerlines (and as I noted there is no All Units ON command). Do you have anything that happens at the time of the mystery events? The change of seasons frequently exposes something like an AC compressor or furnace blower as a noise source.

It might be helpful if the AT004 can record line voltage to see if there's a dip that correlates with the events.

I'm not clear on one point. Did the All ON event occur between 10:05:00 and

10:05:13?

"The Taz" wrote:

formatting link

Reply to
Dave Houston

They are a total mixture. I have some two way modules, some hard wired appliance modules, several wall switch modules. etc.. and yes, the ALL ON occured between the 10:05:00 and the 10:05:13 becuase the 10:05:13 All OFF event was me Manually pressing the all off to turn everything off i have the at004 currently logging all data frames, but i think you are right, since it didnt appear in my homeseer log, i am not going to get any record of the event.. Im going to do it for the heck of it, and then switch to noise logging ill keep everyone posted..

Reply to
The Taz

just a small question,what do you have controlled by this event?

11/9/2006 10:05:00 PM Info Device: Outside Front Door Bug Light (C3)

what type of light? anything new on that side?

"The Taz" a écrit dans le message de news:

9445h.38$%U.8@trndny07...
Reply to
Petem

I'm not very familiar with the ACT TI103 interface but IIRC it will automatically retransmit eternally when it senses a collision. At least it did that when introduced - perhaps that was changed later. Do you know whether the log entries are made when the command is sent to the TI103 or are they logged when the TI103 reports a successful transmission?

It might be >They are a total mixture. I have some two way modules, some hard wired

formatting link

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.