Home Automation

I am hoping that someone can help me make a decision on what system to go with for my complete home automation. Here is my situation..... I live in Narre Warren and built my home 4 years ago. During the building stage I decided to wire for home automation. the builder allowed me one day to run my wiring before the plaster went in. this is a two story house and if I didn't get it done that day I would have a hard time getting the bottom floor done later. this is the wiring I put in: each room has 1 yellow cat5e, 1 pink cat5e (to each light switch for C-Bus,

1 red cat5e, 1 green cat5e, 1 blue ct5e, 1 set of audio cables, 1 RG6 and 2 RG9 (cable TV and FTA Arial, someone told me to run an extra RG9 for any future needs), I also have a control wire between the upstairs and downstairs Stereo systems so I can control both from either position. I also have door security sensor wires at each door and wiring for motion sensors around the house(x4) all ready to go. the builder would not allow me to have my Electrician run the lighting for C-Bus, the builders Sparky wired the house up normally and my Sparky went in behind him and wired my C-Bus wiring along side the normal wiring (now I have 2 lots of wiring in my house for my lighting system running alongside each other in my walls). My theatre room has wiring in the walls for the projector (one end of the room has the stereo and TV while the other end has the projector, between them I have 4 AV cables (RG9?). I also have another 4 RG9 going from where the stereo is to the bottom of the staircase. I also have speaker cable in the roof (most of the theatre is already working). I have RG9 cables going to 5 positions throughout the house and backyard for cameras. All this is going back to the bottom of the staircase (via the laundry shoot that my wife still won't let me forget she doesn't have anymore, it is now a cable duct). I originally was going to install E-HOME but was told to look around before I made up my mind. This was 4 years ago and now I have decided to get it all up and running. Any advice or information that can help me with my decision would be much appreciated.

Thank You in advance George Harraca

Reply to
beppes
Loading thread data ...

Hi George I live in a little shack in Seaford and i have

retrofitted CBUS into it (im a sparkie)....I use a Home automation

controller called Homevision which controls my lighting my tv,s etc

via IR and soon will integrate it with my alarm panel ..But it can do

lots of things very powerful and easy to program..

The Caddx alarm panels nx 8 etc sold in Oz by DAS (Direct alarm

supplies) can be connected serially to Homevision and Homevision has a

security Menu.....

Have a look at the Links for further info....

Digihouse is the Australian Distributor of Homevision

formatting link

This is my site , i have designed some addon devices for Homevision

formatting link
If interested in getting audio/video between two locations using cat5 have a look here...
formatting link
HTH Frank

Reply to
Frank Mc Alinden

thanks for all the info, i think i am going with the homevision after looking at all the features it has and the price is not to bad either. thanks again. you might hear from me down the track if i have any questions(if thats ok with you?). George Harraca

Reply to
beppes

Hi George

thanks for all the info, i think i am going with the homevision after looking at all the features it has and the price is not to bad either. thanks again. you might hear from me down the track if i have any questions(if thats ok with you?). George Harraca

No Problem at all

Frank

Reply to
Frank Mc Alinden

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.