DSC 1575 : trouble light for AC power stays on

I've been troubleshooting this DSC 1575 system for my wife's house. The system had been dead for quite a while when I looked at it, so I replaced the battery first. Then I replaced the transformer (no continuity on the output terminals) and the system powered up OK.

I had to reset the system clock to turn off one trouble code. The problem is that the trouble light stays on and indicates another trouble code: AC power loss (get a 2 after "* 2" sequence). I'm trying to figure out if there is a reset/clear that I need to do, or if perhaps there are other issues here. I removed the battery temporarily for a quick sanity check and the system was definitely getting power. Any pointers?

Thanks,

--Rob

Reply to
gjertsen
Loading thread data ...

Rob, check the voltage level coming in from the panel transformer at the actual panel terminals. Sometimes if the AC voltage coming in the home is too high, the end voltage going in the to panel will end up being too high (or low) as well, and the panel will give a false "AC trouble" message. Voltage below 12 v AC or above 20 volts AC at the panel might cause this.

The other possibility is the rectifier on the board has blown and your board is toast.

A last resort (although I very much doubt it will help) is to hardware default the panel and reprogram.

There may be other causes but those are a couple of the ones I have discovered that cause weird AC trouble failures.

R.H.Campbell Home Security Metal Products Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

formatting link

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Reply to
Jon Aichberger

Reply to
Peter Sackmann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.