Does ANYONE Still Use the CM11A w/ActiveHome?

After I posted my earlier query:

Where Do YOU Go For Your (Daily?) X-10 "Fix"?

I actively monitored the SIX sites where I posted. THAT monitoring (and the accompanying ABYSMAL response to that post) is what led to today's question.

"Am I the *ONLY* person left using (and satisfied with) the CM11A and ActiveHome (currently running v1.32 since v1.42D [or v1.41 or v1.40] wouldn't run properly on my Toshiba Tecra 550CDT P266 laptop w/Win98SE)?"

Is everyone else running HomeSeer and/or HAL2000 and/or ??? with a Smarthome 1132?? or an Ocelot or a JDS Stargate or a ??? ?

Where did all the "Frugal Tinkerers" (like me) from ~25+ years ago go? I would *REALLY* enjoy talking with some of you, but I don't know WHERE to find you!?!

I'm currently the "Owner/Moderator" of a few Yahoo! Groups (even after that recent >*UGLY*< upgrade) and I'd GLADLY start up another one for CM11A/ActiveHome Tinkerers if the interest existed.

Would one of the "pioneers"/"X-10 Old-Timers" please enlighten me? ;)

Reply to
taketheactive
Loading thread data ...

The CM11A works fine with Heyu under Linux/Unix/Mac OSX.

Reply to
Charles Sullivan

I'm using it that way too. But honestly I don't use the Linux side of the home automation much at the moment, since my "smart house" X10 setup is currently down to a single motion detector+light--hardly a shining example of technology (we're moving soon, so I haven't done much; maybe in the next house).

-->VPutz

Reply to
vputz at nyx dot net

Well I have gotten pretty dang tired of the unreliablity of X10 (dating back to 1978 and the X10 interface I had in an Apple II) but am still hanging on to the technology. I lost count of how many CM11a's I've had. When the last one died I tried the Smarthome but the s/w sucked, and then my RF module went out, so I went with the CM15. I struggled with the Activehome Pro and X10 support for 6+ months, then X10 sales finally emailed the latest code and things have been pretty good since.

There is a guy who has been actively developing for the CM11a, and just released a product for it (I hope he starts soon on the CM15):

formatting link

Reply to
Markeau

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.