curious if anyone is still here...

just curious if anyone is still around, it's been awhile since i've been on, thought I'd ask...

Reply to
Jeff Harper
Loading thread data ...

A few people still use usenet. I have some groups that get quite regular use.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 12:28:12, Doug McIntyre snipped-for-privacy@dork.geeks.org> posted:

Which groups? Looking for life outside of facebook and twitter...

Reply to
Jeff Harper

hmm

Reply to
kashif.zafars

###### Usenet could and should be the most useful thing on the entire Internet. I don't know why Google Groups has so neutered it. Usenet and Deja was just Sooo wonderfully simple and useful. You could ask any question on any topic.

Now all we have is other separated Blog sites... (The word blog was new, but they simply stole the concept that Usenet already had and split it up). (ie: Cisco/Dell/Reddit/Pinterest) are all just blogs and have separate logins that you have to sign up for. Then, they spam the participants. Deja-News/Usenet was just perfect! (And it would be so easy for google to resurrect it). Now there are no good alternatives. (But, do let me know if I am wrong).

Thanks, crzzy1 ######

Reply to
Chris Roberts

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.