CQC 1.6 Released

We've now posted CQC 1.6 for download. Though the list of import features is not long, there are a couple really important ones in this release.

- 1.6 introduces significant new features in the media management area, most importantly support for the Sony 777ES serially controlled DVD changers, and a 'changer manager' driver that allows you to treat multiple Sony changers as a single device. I conjunction with a tool like DVD Profiler (support for which was introduced in 1.5), you can browse your DVDs and invoke them for playback on your changers, and do transport control over the changer. There is also a 'changer manager driver' that makes multiple changers look like a single device, so it's easy to do multi-changer based systems. We can of course also support on-disc video content if you want to do the ripping.

- The Rad-IO system is an expensive way to provide up to 8 small LCD touch panels from a single computer. The CQC Interface Viewer has been updated to support this system. You can invoke up to 8 instances of it, placing each one into a slot 1 to 8, which makes it show up on the Rad-IO panel for that slot. You then have multiple independent touch panels over Cat5 for a very reasonable price.

- New drivers are available for Sony 777ES changers, Rain8 irrigation controller, Russound CAV6 multi-zone audio controllers, Hitachi PD5000/PD7000 plasmas, DVDO VP30 video processor, Polk XM radio receivers, and the Alcohol ISO mounting application. And a new generic application control driver is available that allows you to do simple control over local/remote applications without the need for an application control driver specific to that application. The Zoom Player driver has been expanded as well to include more features, particularly to support video playback and movie related metadata.

CQC is available from

formatting link
You can download it for 30 days unencumbered to see if it fits your needs, so give it a try. Use the Try It button in the upper right hand to download the installer. Use the Learn tab to get to tutorial and reference information. The Quick Tutorial section under the Learn tab will take you through an installation and basic configuration, to quickly show you what the product is and can do.

------------------------------------- Dean Roddey Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems

formatting link

Reply to
Dean Roddey
Loading thread data ...

Ok, by the power vested in me by the state of my own massive ego, I join you before the assembled witnesses here today. You may kiss yourself. Mozeltof.

------------------------------------- Dean Roddey Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems

formatting link

Reply to
Dean Roddey

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.