Media server with RS-232 control?

Does anyone know of a media server that allows RS-232 control or some other control mechanism that I can use to interface with my home automation system? Most systems out there offer PC or browser control. I want to be able to call up music playlists from touchscreens by issuing commands through my controller. I am currently using a Nirvis Slink-e but they stopped supporting it a year ago and I thought I would start exploring.

Reply to
Simon
Loading thread data ...

It's a project in the works with our new Glaucus Media Portal.

formatting link

Reply to
William Richardson

We aren't quite there yet, but we have the automation side of things very much covered, and the media control is coming up next. We are deeply into the media management stuff now, and the next release which will include these new features (1.4) isn't too far away now. Our product (CQC,

formatting link
might be more than you want, since it's a fairly high end automation product, but it's an option to consider. By the time you got into it and spun up and whatnot, the media features you want will probably be ready to come out.

------------------------------------- Dean Roddey Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems

formatting link

Reply to
Dean Roddey

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.