Connect PIM-R to OmniLT

Hi,

I have OmniLT with 10A17-1 serial module.

I connected the Omni to the X-10 and it works fine.

I also bought the PIM-r.

I installed the Upstart and saw the UPB network.

Than- I disconnect the PIM-r and connected it directly to the OmniLt ( to the serial module).

unfortunatlly, the omni recognize the X-10 but didn't recognize the UPb devices.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
oren levy
Loading thread data ...

Since you have shown that it's not a problem with the UPB devices, you should contact HAI (or the dealer). Also, since UPB support is brand new, make sure you have the latest firmware (2.9).

Reply to
Mark Thomas

The problem is the MODE of the PIM. Upstart puts it in a mode that is not compatible with the Omni. You need to reset the PIM to its factory defaults. The firmware release notes for the Omni tell you how to do this (I think version 2.6).

From memory, you press the PIM setup button 5 times quickly. This puts it into setup mode. Then press the setup button 10 times quickly, which restores to factory defaults. Then press the setup 1 more time to exit setup mode.

You will need to do this every time you move the PIM from the Upstart PC to the Omni.

Regards, Dan

Reply to
Dan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.