Active Home Question

Still somewhat of a newbie... I am using ActiveHome 1.42 with my CM11A. My computer is connected to the CM11A and the communications routines are running. But I when a macro I have downloaded into the CM11A goes off, I do not see anything in the communications log. I do, however, see the results of the macro being run. Is this expected behavior? Thanks.

Reply to
David White
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
BruceR

Reply to
David White

Reply to
BruceR

I think that is the essence of a macro. you load it in the CM11 device, and it takes care of it without further action of your PC.

You load a number of timed actions in the little box, you switch off your PC and let the thing do what you asked it to do.

Note that this is only my interpretation of what I read in the manual, I could very well be wrong as I just bought the thing and I am trying to get it working in Linux.

Reply to
MarcB

When a macro downloaded to the CM11A's EEPROM is executed, the only thing the CM11A reports back to the PC is that a macro at EEPROM address xxx has been executed - there are no details as to what commands are transmitted.

It's up to the software to look up and translate the macro commands at that address using the saved copy of the EEPROM memory image, but ActiveHome doesn't do that.

Regards, Charles Sullivan

Reply to
Charles Sullivan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.