Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

help me on sonicwall soho2
My led lights for LAN part are not turning on at all... can someone please help me out here. All it says is that network cable is unplugged. I have quadrupled check ed the cables. Also I have to...

Watchguard x1000 & sdsl
Hello, I've a X1000 with a fireware pro installed on. Reading Watchguard docs it looks like with this software installed on also the X1000 can be used with loadbalancing. Enabling the second external...

Nokia IP Firewall - Replacing - Planning Downtime
We are soon to be replacing a Nokia IP 330 Firewall Device (running CheckPoint) with a replacement Nokia IP390 (running CheckPoint). How feasible is it to bring the new box up alongside the old one...

Building a firewall
Hi, I'm not sure if this is in the scope of this newsgroup, so if it is not, can you tell me what newsgroup I should go to. Anyways, I would like to build a firewall in windows, and would like to know...

Reading Watchguard Logs
Silly question.... I'm trying to analyze some of our logs and not sure what to make of the Proto heading. Date Time Disp. i/f Proto. 07/30/01 11:17:23 deny in eth0 78 udp 20 128 I understand the 'udp'...

iptables issue
Right now there is a firewall in place for a mail server as follows: ## ## MAIL_EXT_IP="x.x.x.x" MAIL_INT_IP="y.y.y.y" $IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $OUTSIDE -d $MAIL_EXT_IP -j ACCEPT ## Mail traffic will...

Active network application - Manufacturer (no information)?
I am using Kaspersky Anti-Hacker version 1.8.180.0 Windows XP Pro US One of the active network application is: SYSTEM Process ID 4 UDP 445 TCP 445 TCP 1030 Manufacturer (no information)? The only rule...

Pix 525 and Version 7.0(4) Transparent mode and vlans
I would like to use this in transparent mode. Outside interface is coming from a 6513 trunk port. 6513 ip is 192.168.1.2. Ip address of transparent firewall is 192.168.1.175. Want to pass trunk...

Recommend a Firewall
OK, so who can recommend a good firewall solution. Hardware/software Free/Bought - all suggestions welcome.

Unable to add cluster in RainManage
Dear expert, I really hope someone can help me on this... I have a separate RainWall's management console (RainManage) which is managing our firewall cluster. Recently, I had an issued on secure...

How to stop vsmon.exe without affecting Zone Alarm?
Hi, I noticed that vsmon.exe is taking lot of my CPU memory & it making my computer very slow. What is the best way to stop vsmon.exe & not affecting the performance of my firewall. Thanks in advance

Home Networking/Firewall problem
Can anyone advise me how to configure either ZoneAlarm or Windows Firewall to allow my 2 PCs to share files without compromising security. With Firewall off - no problem. Firewall on - can't share...

pix port scanning
hello all, can anyone tell me what is the best way (site, software) to scan my pix firewall opened port. note that my network is very big network and we have many pix firewalls in differnt locations....

"Bi-directional" ports
All, I have a group of "developers" who continually request ports to be opened "bi-directionally" on the firewalls. To me this indicates they have little knowledge of the essentials of how TCP works...

VPN Connection checklist
My network is behind a Sonicwall firewall and need to connect a site to site VPN to another network on the side of the internet. The remote network's adminsitrator is asking me what parameters would I...