Zone Alarm

Don't know, but I do have a Win98se machine with the latest ZA Free installed on it, and no problems at all. Must be something specific on your machine. I would suggest following their procedures for a complete removal of prior versions and then try reinstalling again..

Reply to
Kerodo
Loading thread data ...

Version 6.0.667.000 will not install on Windows 98se due to .dll errors. ZoneLabs says this is not their problem and they have checked-out their software and found it error-free. Yet Version 5.5.094.000 installs perfectly on the exact computer that 6.0.667.000 failed to install on. What's wrong with this picture?

-- Mike

Reply to
<rt66

You don't need a "Personal Firewall" for Windows 98. Just unbind everything except TCP/IP from your outgoing network interface, and that's it.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Could be the latest version is just not compatible with 98SE. 98, First Ed., has not been supported since way back. Versions after

4.5.594 caused many system errors and freezes on my 98. I've stuck with 4.5.594 ever since. Check with the website, and forum, and use what works. Newer versions have more bells and whistles than needed, anyway.

charlie R

Reply to
charlie R

Since you don't state what dll you are having trouble with it is difficult for anyone to help you. Maybe you should run sfc and see how many corrupt system files you have...

Reply to
Woody

Glad to hear you've settled the problem. Odd that it wouldn't even install, though. Maybe a conflict with another program. Did you ever track down the .dll in question? I never had any trouble installing, but newer versions would bog down the system, and cause lots of system errors with necessary reboot. No good that!

Thanks for posting back.

charlie R

checked-out

installs

install

stuck

needed,

Reply to
charlie R

Charlie, Thanks for the info. I went back to version 5.5.094.000 and it installs and works fine. ZoneLabs says that version 6.0.667.000 is installable on a 98se system but they may be stretching the truth a ight. -- Mike

Reply to
<rt66

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.