WInProxy

I have been using WinProxy for several months now. I (like everyone else) am having problems with tech services, resolving my problems.

I have a Win XP network with a Win 2003 SBS server. The server is a gateway and runs WinProxy.

Since I installed WinProxy, I can no longer display the company WEB page. I am about to dump the program for this problem. But, wait ... there is another real bad problem. WinProxy spontaneously aborts. I have it installed as a service and it still aborts and all DNS and DHCP stops functioning. Not a very nice thing for my users.

Is there a proxy server that works for Win 2003 server?

Kim from Merritt Island, Florida

Reply to
X Analyst
Loading thread data ...

Many firewall appliances come with HTTP proxy services you can use without any settings needed in the network/workstations.

I have a HTTP proxy setup that filters HTTP content from all category_A users, then a another HTTP proxy rule that allows all content to category_B users.... You can create as many rules as needed.

Checkout WatchGuard.com.

Reply to
Leythos

Many. Just try out

formatting link
Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

I wanted gateway firewall protection. I am not sure what all I am getting with WinProxy. AntiVirus?

Reply to
X analyst

Yeah ... but are there any that REALLY WORK??? I am thinking of using Kerios does anyone know of networking problems with this app?

Reply to
X analyst

Gateway as in directly connects to the internet?

Why do you need proxy software @ all?

RRAS will do everything you need bar caching. E.

Reply to
E.

internet cable modem Win 2003 SBS switch and hubs XP Pro clients

Win 2003 is a mail server and VPN server

Reply to
X Analyst

The setup you have looks a little alarming. Can you do a quick diagram? e.g. internet -> SBS-> LAN

The only reasons for running proxy software I can think of are a: you want each user to authenticate for each internet session or b: you have very low bandwidth and wish to cache.

Best setup is internet -> Firewall/router -> LAN 1 -> SBS -> LAN2 -> all internal clients. Even if you are on dialup/ISDN you can still do this. E.

Reply to
E.

Why not connect a FWall/router as above? Then just fwd ports as needed. E.

Reply to
E.

AllegroSurf works for me. Get that, plus a filtering proxy server, such as CyBlock, and that should do it.

Reply to
Charles Newman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.