Hackers or worm worries

I have IIS5.1 installed on my PC to run my personal website. I use ZoneAlarm pro. The problem is that on my internet meter, I see a steady use of downloading (6kb/s) and uploading (2kb/s) since maybe 24 hours or so. When I block internet access with ZA, internet access is stopped for a while then restart within minutes or hour.

Is there a program that can monitor live my internet access (cable-modem) and tell me what program is sucking my bandwidth ? Something like a Task Manager but for internet access ?

Note : I ran Ad-aware Se and except for cookies, it found nothing. NAV2004 found nothing either. (both uptodate ref files)

tia

Reply to
Junkyard Engineer
Loading thread data ...

You can download and install ethereal on your IIS machine

formatting link
takes some experience to get all the value out of the program, but you will will be able to see source and destinations of the traffic.

Reply to
Don Wright

I use Port Explorer (free) from to show what network connections my computer is actually opening, and what processes are opening them. And Process Explorer (free) from . Provides way more information than Task Manager.

Reply to
Chuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.