What's a good free firewall program for 64-bit W10?

Most importantly, it can prompt and block outgoing connections like programs that phone home. I used to use Conseal PC Firewall, Kerio Firewall, Outpost Firewall 2009, Norton (before 2015), and current PC Tools Firewall Plus v7 in older Windows versions.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Reply to
Ant
Loading thread data ...

I would try the 1st party firewall that's built into Windows before trying something 3rd party.

My career has been augmenting what comes with things through proper configuration as opposed to wholesale replacement. Particularly without having tried the 1st party option first.

It's my understanding that the 1st party firewall built into Windows has had the ability to block outgoing connections for a while now.

Though I don't know if it will prompt for things that aren't previously allowed.

:-)

Reply to
Grant Taylor

I agree, but it seems to be missing features that I am looking for.

It doesn't. :(

(-:

Reply to
Ant

It sound to me like you have tried the 1st party option and found it to be lacking in some way.

ACK

I used to use Jetico Personal Firewall (double check the "personal" part) back in XP days. I've been predominantly Linux / Unix since about the time that 2k8 was in beta.

Reply to
Grant Taylor

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.