firewall for windows xp 64 bit

Loading thread data ...

It seems that 64bit anything has not become popular in the Windows World. I am not aware of anything that is. What about the Windows firewall that come with XP? You could also go the Linux/*BSD route. There is a lot of support for 64 bit there...

Michael

Reply to
Michael Pelletier

Reply to
Michael Pelletier

Hi

Just installed windows xp pro 64 bit version. All my software is working fine, except the fact I can't find a firewall.

I've tried the beta of tiny but hate it. Is there anything out thats similar to keiro 2.15 that I'm use to.

Done a google but nothing has come up except tiny.

Thanks.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Generally most 32 bit stuff works fine in XP 64. Its just software like firewalls, antivirus, CD emulators that are having problems due to how they work with the kernal. As the kernal is now 64 new 64 bit drivers are needed to interact with it.

All my games farcry, UT 2003 and Halflife 2 work perfect as does everything else I've tried. 64 bit firefox is nice and fast too.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Why not a simple resolution without adding more unstable and exploitable code to your system?

Just stop offering network services to the internet.

formatting link

Reply to
Andreas Rauer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.