What is stateful inspection?

Hi Carlos,

Stateful inspection was invented by Check Point Software Technologies:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294 U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom
Loading thread data ...

I'd recommend googling for information. Trying to capture the nature of stateful inspection in a single sentence isn't going to do it justice. The bottom line is, it's about monitoring the "state" of a connection and associated packets of information rather than just allowing or denying traffic based on rules.

Reply to
optikl

Sorry about this concept question, but I don't know what that it means. Can anyone drop a simple answer? Thanks a lot. Carlos

Reply to
Carlos Ramón

I tried to see what would show up, and I found several not-so-good descriptions... here are two nice ones:

formatting link
The latter is full of marketing BS from CheckPoint, but still nice for understanding how it works.

Reply to
Eirik Seim

Of course you are right, google should be the starting point, but meeting all you in a news forum is not so cold as lonely searching the web, mainly when don't have so clear what you're looking for.

Thanks to all for the links provided.

CR.

"> > Sorry about this concept question, but I don't know what that it means.

Reply to
Carlos Ramón

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.