What I thought would be simple....

I'm looking for a free firewall that will allow me to block a list of IP ranges in long format? Is there anything of the type for windows?

Reply to
pmclinn
Loading thread data ...

What do you mean "long format"? You mean subnets? Networks? I am not a Windows user but, all Linux/Freebsd firewalls as well as Cisco, etc. So I would think the Windows ones would also.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Pelletier

IPs can be changed into integer values. This is an easy way of checking to see if an ip falls between a range. ipFROM (example 1003230032) ipTO (example 1123892933)

check out http://ip-to-country

Private Function ConvertToLong(ByVal IPAddress As Object) As Object

Dim x As Integer Dim Pos As Integer Dim PrevPos As Integer Dim Num As Integer

If UBound(Split(IPAddress, ".")) = 3 Then ' On Error Resume Next For x = 1 To 4 Pos = InStr(PrevPos + 1, IPAddress, ".", 1) If x = 4 Then Pos = Len(IPAddress) + 1 Num = Int(Mid(IPAddress, PrevPos + 1, Pos - PrevPos - 1)) If Num > 255 Then ConvertToLong = "0" Exit Function End If PrevPos = Pos ConvertToLong = ((Num Mod 256) * (256 ^ (4 - x))) + ConvertToLong Next End If

End Function

Reply to
pmclinn

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.