verisign

Hi, can someone tell if verisign uses its own security software or other companies, such as Checkpoint etc? Thanks in advance! Aiandas

Reply to
AIANDAS
Loading thread data ...

Are you asking about what VRSN uses internally? If that is the case, then there are several answers. They use Check Point firewalls (as of a few years ago), in addition to the use of their own client-side certs on each DT. I think that the NW security is multi-layer, including PIX and IDS (Enterasys?).

Reply to
MJFD.Sr

Are you asking about what VRSN uses internally? If that is the case, then there are several answers. They use Check Point firewalls (as of a few years ago), in addition to the use of their own client-side certs on each DT. I think that the NW security is multi-layer, including PIX and IDS (Enterasys?).

Reply to
MJFD.Sr

VRSN sold ML a very managed security services contract a while back (year or two ago, I think). The MSSP package that they TYPICALLY deliver includes Check Point firewalls...often run on Nokia hardware. The ML contract could have included this and/or it could have included IDS or IPS (probably Enterasys appliances or ISS running on Nokia). I'm not sure if they implemented these specific tools at ML, but they are a pretty good bet. VRSN probably also sold some of their other solutions as part of this deal, too. Other solutions could have included two-factor authentication (USB tokens or key fobs, OEM from ActivCard), client and server-side certificates, trust/identity services, managed DNS services, or any other VRSN-branded services that they offer.

Reply to
MJFD.Sr

Hi Aiandas,

Bank of America is seeking to a hire in New York City a Security Engineer for their CIS firewall team:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Certified Network Engineer Jobs United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294 U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom

Well more specifically when they go to say a Merrill lynch, did they include checkpoint in their software? Or is it verisign proprietary security software? Or did they OEM it? Thanks!

Reply to
AIANDAS

WOW you're pretty hip to this stuff! Thanks very much. Are you working in the field? I am in NYC and wonder if you live here as well?

Reply to
AIANDAS

Brad, Thanks for the lead. But my area of expertise is more Business Development.

Reply to
AIANDAS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.