splash screen and a password please.

I'm looking to control internet access for wireless clients. I would like them to see a customizable splash screen containing a disclaimer and then have to enter a password in order to access the internet. One username and password for everyone would be fine. I DON'T want to have to use WEP or any other type of encryption since I want them to be able to connect and see the splash screen before they have to type in the access code. Is there an affordable firewall that will do this for me?

TIA-

Mike

Reply to
malgandalf
Loading thread data ...

NOTE: Posting from groups.google.com (or some web-forums) dramatically reduces the chance of your post being seen. Find a real news server.

You are posting from a news group search engine. Don't you think it might be easier/quicker to use it for it's intended purpose?

Results 1 - 10 of about 243,000 for wireless+hotspot+access+control. (0.25 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 19,200 for wireless+hotspot+splash+screen. (0.21 seconds)

An appropriate Usenet newsgroup to look in would be 'alt.internet.wireless' where the problem is discussed very *frequently*.

And you'd better hope that the users are sweet/innocent who don't won't be playing "practical jokes" on you or others. As you probably think everything on the Internet is a web page, you should also think rather strongly about using a proxy to prevent the worst abuse.

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.