Splash Screen on Wireless Guest Connection

We are in the process of setting up a guest wireless connection using a Cisco 1200 Access Points for wireless connectivity. These are connected to our backbone switches. A separate VLAN has been established for the Guest account. This VLAN terminates into a Cisco PIX firewall before going out to the Internet.

I am looking for a way to display a company disclaimer splash screen that the guest will have to click "I Agree" whenever they first connect to the guest wireless connection. Can someone help me?

Reply to
Dede
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
kelvinewilliams

Which can be easily got around by places like this:

formatting link
If they don't want to use your Proxy they won't. Are you prepared to give tech support to just about everyone?

This sets up a system that the smart guys can ignore, and the dummies will be wasting your time with settings changes.

Not to mention, clicking on I Agree has absolutely no legal weight.

Why don't you have them sign a paper disclaimer when they check in?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Reply to
Dede

Hello Dede,

Dede schrieb:

formatting link

Reply to
student/u16035

There are quite a few ways of doing it. Maybe a PAC file? Using wccp to intercept port 80 traffic? Proxy servers? Simple startup screen? MOTD?

Reply to
Hansang Bae

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.