Sonicwall TZ 170 VPN Connection

Hello all, At work here we have a TZ 170 Sonicwall Setup on, currently it has one VPN connection from a vendor or ours coming in. I was not here when they setup it up and got it going. I am now being asked how to connect through this device so that some of the managers can work from where every they are on the road. The laptops have Windows XP on them. Can someone please help me setup a VPN connection through to this device. Thanks in advance, and any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
James Voils
Loading thread data ...

The easiet way to set it up is to use the Global VPN connection and the Sonicwall Global VPN Client which you will need to download from their site.

It will make setting up a VPN connection between the Windows machine and your Sonicwall a snap.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Grossman

I installed the Gloval VPN Client Software that came with the unit on my laptop. And set up the peer to be the external IP address of the Sonicwall Unit. But when i try to enable it, it flashes and then nothing happens.

Reply to
James Voils

Did you enable the GroupVPN connection on the Sonicwall? You will need that enabled, and you will need to use the password that is set up under the GroupVPN connection.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Grossman

You also need to make sure that you export the GroupVPN settings from the management interface so that you can import it into the client software. If you click on the floppy disk icon, it will save a copy of the settings to your local drive which you can then import. This helps to make sure the client has all the needed settings to make the VPN connection.

Reply to
Matt

Thank you all, i was able to get connected to the VPN. Now when i am connected i try to ping or connect to some of the servers inside of the network it will not allow me to. The machines inside of the network are all on the IP scheme that i have setup on the laptop, 192.168.1.x, and all of the devices have a static IP just like the Laptop does.

Any idea as to what i need to do to c> You also need to make sure that you export the GroupVPN settings from

Reply to
James Voils

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.