Solaris and Firewall question

Hi,

Recently I replaced my old firewall with a Cisco PIX one, and translated all commands, now everything seems to be fine except I cannot get out from my Sun 5.8 (no ping and traceroute outside), also I cannot open a page (port

80)on this box from outside, this is the only Unix based machine I have, and all other servers and workstations are Windows and they seem to be fine. I deleted the mac address for the old firewall using arp -d but didn't work. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
Rob
Loading thread data ...

On PIX, outbound ICMP is enabled by default unless you have disabled it. For inbound traceroute, you can use

access-group incoming in interface outside access-list incoming permit icmp any host 1.1.1.1 unreachable access-list incoming permit icmp any host 1.1.1.1 time-exceeded

1.1.1.1 is your UNIX host ip. Do you use PAT or NAT in your outbound connection?

William

Reply to
William L. Sun

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.