Slower DSL download speed with router

Hi Allan I see this kind of thing occasionally...

...oh, hold on... right click killfile add user Tony enter (priorities, you know.)

... on my Roadrunner connection. usually when there's some type of service "issue" or interuption. I hate to ask the "Is it plugged in" question but, have you reset the modem and the router? Unplugged them for 30-60 seconds, at least? Did you visit your isp's website, specifially the "Network Status" page to verify they aren't having issues? Just asking the obvious. Don't take offense. ASMx4

Reply to
ASMx4
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Tony

Reply to
Tony

Tony explained on 12/10/2006 :

*WHY* don't you read the damn post *before* you start spilling your drivel?

I said: "It *is* possible for the modem to have a problem but unlikely."

So, give a possible solution to the problem or shut the f*&k up. You're always babbling and giving folks nothing but fits. I don't do this very often but I'm truly tired of you and your useless tripe.

*PLONK*
Reply to
Senex

the most absurd answers i think i've ever heard.

I guess you don't read your own posts.

idiot

Reply to
ASMx4

seen a Dlink

Leythos says he

Go back and read your own posts - you said you've seen less than 10 Linksys routers.

Reply to
Leythos

So you wad of weasel shit i see you're trying to disrupt this newsgroup too. Ah out there where the stench of pig shit reigns supreme ah out there. Now who are we today? Lets see, dipshit that's who we are today.

"Bens>> >>> I hope you're not going to tell us you live in Medina Ohio and that >>> other guy

Reply to
Curmudgeon Lafive

Here's proof that Steve is actually Seedless Grape. Look right near the bottom of the page you'll see the name Steve and Seedless Grape.

formatting link

Reply to
Curmudgeon Lafive

Not all D-Link routers are crap. Two of them are listed in the top ten in data throughput at

formatting link
But the DI-604 is third from the bottom...

Reply to
Spender

Ha those studies mean nothing. How about a reliability study? Dlink are one of the worst routers last maybe a month or two then kaput. No one in pacific mall even sells these dlink routers because no one in the area would buy one even when on sale.

Reply to
Steve Wong

Sorry to disappoint you Michael, but I still have a full head of hair. Ottawa had a light dusting of snow this morning and warmed up to +3=B0 C=2E

I guess with you being wrong any everyone else being right must eat into to your lack of manhood. I will predict that you'll fire up your Nomen Nescio account on dizum.com again. And go a trolling again, now that his buddy Richard Scoville has been nuked off of the Internet.

Reply to
darrell.larose

Reply to
Tony

Thanks to those that responded positively (others should go to

formatting link
The tech guy used his setup on my line and got the same result at noon today, and the ISP put a "trouble ticket" into Bell. Checked at 5 pm and speed has been restored, in fact a little faster than it was, as per
formatting link

Reply to
Alan Illeman

Reply to
Tony

Leythos wrote in news:831gh.4101$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com:

Ignore him, killfile him if you like - several here have. He's just another useless kiddie troll.

Reply to
chuckcar

Did you read what he wrote? All of it?

"The tech guy used his setup on my line and got the same result at noon today, and the ISP put a "trouble ticket" into Bell. Checked at 5 pm and speed has been restored, in fact a little faster than it was, as per

formatting link
" So, that means you were 100% wrong Tony, that you don't have the experience to help anyone here since you have no ability to learn from others, and that you were still wrong when you posted your BS again.

His speed has returned without removing the router - we're waiting for your admission of being wrong.

Reply to
Leythos

In 20+ years of Usenet I've never KF anyone, but I do try and remember who to ignore, and I slipped up in this, but he's still a idiot that doesn't understand anything and seems to always be wrong.

Reply to
Leythos

Reply to
Tony

Reply to
Tony

Reply to
Tony

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.