Slower DSL download speed with router

And I started in 84, and also with the Commodore network that relayed messages between systems in the same area-codes to save toll costs between states and Canada, long before 88.

Reply to
Leythos
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Tony

And if they were having customer relation problems because of bad connections you just might have hit on the reason.

Now, you've still not told us if they provided the Linksys to users/subscribers or if they built their company infrastructure on the Linksys routers - if users/subscribers, then there was little chance of a significant load, if their infrastructure, they were fools and no wonder they went under.

Reply to
Leythos

Reply to
Tony

Reply to
Tony

Reply to
Tony

LOL, it doesn't take two months to replace/repair quality routers, and you've still not given any information on the capacity, traffic load, etc...

Reply to
Leythos

You might not be how you present, and you might be a d1psh1t, but at least I've shown you to be factually wrong.

Reply to
Leythos

Reply to
Tony

I'd like to see confirmation and what model/firmware they were running, as my experience in many locations with BEFSR, BEFSX, BEFVP and a couple years worth of firmwares is that they can't handle a sustained load of

2mbps.
Reply to
Leythos

What part of I'm the exact person I represent, not a nym shifter, I've posted as Leythos for many, many years and never play that game.

So, it appears you are trolling, as you don't have anything to present to discount what I've said.

Reply to
Leythos

Just so we can keep proper score here, so who's dick is bigger then?

Sheesh.

Reply to
Commentator

"Commentator" altered the spacetime fabric by disgorging news:HtMeh.12260$ snipped-for-privacy@fe169.usenetserver.com:

Mine is, 'cuz I started in the late 70's (That's EIGHTEEN seventies, you pups!) with two tin cans and some waxed twine.

There, can this thread end, now ?

:)

Reply to
Marc Bissonnette

Reply to
Tony

I remember Leythos from years ago. One of the few consistently good posters in the groups I subscribed to.IIRC that was mainly alt.computer.security in my case.

Regards,

BH.

Reply to
Benson Hedges

ROTMFFLMMFAO

Dlink = SHIT

I am constantly taking b0rked ones out of service.

I've installed hundreds of Linksys routers, and only replaced a couple due to lightning.

Reply to
fyrfaktry

Geez. What do you Newfs do wit' all those routers, bye?

Reply to
Warren Oates

Reply to
Tony

Warren Oates wrote in news:457c0e7e$0$30627$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

They're building a bridge to labrador...

Reply to
chuckcar

Alan Illeman explained :

Firstly I would remove the router temporarily and use the modem only. Just to make sure the Router doesn't have a problem. If your speeds are still slow the problem is most likely outside your internal loop because modems 'usually' work or they don't. It *is* possible for the modem to have a problem but unlikely. The next phase would be for telco to do a line test between you and the CO to determine line loss and signal to noise ratio. You may as well do the router thing before the fact because that is the

*first* thing they will want you to do.

It might be nice to try speakeasy to see if you are actually consistently slow or whether there is data stalling.

formatting link
The latter virtually proves a problem at the ISPs' end.

Stalling is indicated by normal speed then a severe drop in speed followed by increased speed etc etc.....

Hope this helps a little.

Reply to
Senex

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.