Slower DSL download speed with router

Someone mentioned the "wireless Hawking as the worst router ever". I bought one because of the rebates that were never honoured and lost the CD. Anyone have one? Please contact me on the list or at the gmail address. Thanks.

Reply to
sustain
Loading thread data ...

All over Usenet - and I only subscribe to 41 groups out of tens of thousands of them.

The problem is while you have limited experience that shows one situation, I've got what appears to be broader experience with many different lines of each of the discussed vendors products, for many years, over many different types of WAN connections. My experience, is that "some" D-link product lines and some Linksys product lines are crap or only residential grade devices, while Linksys doesn't offer higher quality devices, D-Link does, and it appears you have NO EXPERIENCE with the DFL devices.

How do you explain 20+ people that I personally know that still have working 604 routers, that have never failed, for all these years - and I know the same number in Linksys, but I've never seen either of their residential routers provide better quality than the other.

Reply to
Leythos

Why not check their website or at least tell people the model number that you want help with?

Reply to
Leythos

For Linksys: Results 1 - 10 of about 1,500,000 for linksys router problem. (0.31 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 326,000 for linksys router failure. (0.23 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 345,000 for linksys router failed. (0.22 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 12,800 for befsr failure. (0.09 seconds)

For D-Link: Results 1 - 10 of about 1,270,000 for dlink router problem. (0.27 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 238,000 for dlink router failure. (0.21 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 203,000 for dlink router failed. (0.33 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 993 for di-604 failure. (0.15 seconds)

Reply to
Leythos

Reply to
Tony

In article , snipped-for-privacy@TheDeli.Sandwich says... [snip]

What D-Link router, models, do you have experience with and how many?

What Linksys routers, models, do you have experience with and how many?

Reply to
Leythos

Reply to
Tony

Ok, so you're completely discounting my experience with a LOT more devices from each vendor than you have - why?

I've not said that either vendor makes perfect product, in fact, I've said the contrary, but, it has been my experience, probably more than many of the people that read this group, that the DFL series of routers is a far better performing\\quality device than any of the BEFSR, SX, VP routers provided by Linksys.

Reply to
Leythos

Reply to
Tony

Sid Knee wrote in news:457b61e1$0$17868$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Take the case with this fool: If I kill file him, he'll just switch to another nym - he's already done exactly that - he really freaked before he did though and that was kind of satisfying - You see I didn't really kill file him. I just said I did and then read his posts, completely ignoring what they said in mine. That's reason number one. Reason number two, if you kill file them, they can say anything they want about you, and you'll never know it, and that can be very bad. I'm sure you can think of others, but you get the idea - you post they can read anything you post, but you never read anything they post. Doesn't make for good knowledge of the lay of the land.

Reply to
chuckcar

What does that have to do with you thinking that your very, very, very, limited experience means that you are absolutely right and that you can't be wrong?

As I said, your experience is not typical, does not follow what I've seen in way more cases, but it does indicate that there are some bad products, bad runs, on both sides, as we've both seen bad devices.

What you've discounted is many years of my seeing cheap linksys units fail in a lot more solutions than you have experience with.

Reply to
Leythos

If you're talking about my changing my name, it's not happened in a LONG time, I've posted as Leythos for more than 5 years.

Reply to
Leythos

Reply to
Tony

Reply to
Tony

Leythos wrote in news:f9Leh.2490$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com:

No, you're just another victim that's experienced the "Steve delusion" problem. I've seen it happen on at least 6 other groups. Just in case you don't know (which apparently you don't - pay more attention to the "volume" posters - good and bad) Tony aka Steve aka Seedless Grape aka Steveo ... Are one and the same person. Welcome to usenet, where the loonies you cross the street to avoid can send you messages.

Reply to
chuckcar

LOL - so you're telling me that a ISP was using a BEFSR to route ALL of their traffic from customers to the internet? Ha Ha Ha - you're lost. They might have provided their customers with Linksys routers, but that doesn't indicate they did it because of quality, more that they got a good deal and wanted to limit excess traffic on their backbone from their customer.

Why do you ignore that every linksys router I've placed under heavy load has rebooted/failed, and when replaced with a D-Link DFL series router, that there were no more failures, no problems?

It seems that facts and experience completely contradict the limited scope of your experience. It would also seem that you don't know what capacity the Linksys routers were used by that ISP or the capacity of the ISP.

Reply to
Leythos

I don't live in Medina or Columbus. I've used this nickname for ages, many years, and other than posting to one other group with a pseudo first name because of moderator rules, I've never shifted names in Usenet. I've been posting as either my nickname Leythos, Void or my real name since 84.

Reply to
Leythos

Reply to
Tony

LOL, yea, I figured he was a troll, but I was bored and figure that facts will always get them upset, as it's hard to derail a fact based discussion if you keep pointing out where they are wrong - even better when you can prove they don't know what they are talking about :)

Reply to
Leythos

Reply to
Tony

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.