router, SPI and Alphashield

Is the SPI of Alphashield (you surely that gizmo) any different, as good as, or better than the SPI included in many small home routers?

I noticed that most small home routers have SPI but it is wispered by their manufacturers or just stated in small prints ( I had to dig in the Dlink web site to find out my router had SPI... or some kind of it) while Alphashield manufacturer advertize it quite loud and clear.

Any thought about this marketing behaviour?

Jerry

Reply to
J. David
Loading thread data ...

"J. David" wrote in news:%ei1f.23606$ snipped-for-privacy@weber.videotron.net:

All the cases I have seen, the product spec sheet for a router for home usage will clearly indicate that it has SPI. You see that's the marker that makes it a router with a FW as fas as marketing of the product to the home user. Well, home user it has SPI but it cannot stop outbound traffic by setting packet filtering rules. But home user it has SPI and that's all you'll need it's good to go in our book.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.