Outpost conflicts with other firewalls even when they aren't running?

Hi, I wanted to try outpost (been looking for an all-in-one solution for add/cookie filtering and firewall-security) but I tried installing it and when I did my computer started up but was never able to connect to the network. I did have MS firewall (guess it can't be uninstalled) and Sygate but I had disabled both of them, but my computer refused to connect until I had uninstalled outpost. Is this due to having the other firewalls installed (They were disabled, I checked running processes to make sure), or are other people that don't have other firewalls installed having the same problem? Any help/suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

-Gaiko

Reply to
gaikokujinkyofusho
Loading thread data ...

That's one thing you definitely have to watch with Outpost. If there's any other firewall installed, even if you've disabled it's service and startup, Outpost will most likely cause blue screens or other problems and will conflict with the other firewall's drivers and so on. If you want to try Outpost, you'll need to uninstall Sygate completely, or any other firewall first. Then install Outpost again and it should be fine. I doubt that the XP firewall will be any problem though. Just disable it while you're trying Outpost.

Reply to
Kerodo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.