Help with sygate please

Greetings

I have two desktop computers, networked through a modem/router, both hard-wired in. Both have the Sygate firewall (free version). All was working well, each computer could see the other and connect to the net.

Now, both still connect to the net perfectly OK. Computer A can still see the shared folders on computer B, but computer B can't see the shared folders on computer A.

When I turn Sygate off on computer A, its shared folders are visible again.

I've checked the settings and on both computers, in Options/Network Neighbourhood, both "Allow to browse network neighbourhood" and "Allow others to share ...." are enabled. And in Applications, nothing is blocked, but some stuff has "ask" selected.

Suggestions welcome - unless it's about PFWs are useless thanks.

Reply to
JIP
Loading thread data ...

Well, if you aren't interested in the solution to your problem, then why do you ask for a solution in the first place?

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Try looking at the security options. By default, Sygate has a lot of options enabled by default. Try turning one off at a time and then retrying to access the remote directory.

Reply to
Boll Weevil

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.