OT: Bios problems; any ideas on "fixing"?

For some reason my computer would not recognize my cd roms, so I pressed F2 and went into the bios window. I went to the area that showed the CD roms and hit Reset default. And I have screwed things up big time. No matter what i do, I cannot get back into that window. I have held down f2, f8, f10, delete, and other keys when booting up and nothing. However, when I hit f2 after a few seonds I get 2 icons on a screen that use to have about 50 and nothing else will happen. How can I get back into the bios and once there, what should I do to get it back where it was before I screwed things up? I am at the library and will return on Friday to check if anyone has responded. I have done all I could think of and would appreciate any help you can give me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Since I posted the above, someone came over and got windows to go back to normal, but the computer will still not allow access to the bios window. I even took the battery out of the motherboard for about 10 minutes. Is that enough time or should I do something else?

Thanks in advance for your help. Dickie

Thanks!

Reply to
Dickie Peters
Loading thread data ...

Sometimes there is a jumper on the motherboard that resets BIOS back to defaults, I would not recommend this if the computer is important, but if you need the devices then it is probably a must. As far as the CD rom issues go, if they are SCSI or IDE I would check connectors and power and see in bios if the channel is actually disabled. try and tell us what happens

Reply to
Ceresia

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.