Norton Internet Security 2005 Personal Firewall slows down Windows XP startup

Well, part of my decision was, which router I can get here in Japan that I am able to put some English firmware on. There are many other routers available here but they all speak Japanese which is not my first language of choice ;-). Most times you are not able to update with an English firmware. Linksys WRT54 and other GPL routers as well are the exception.

Gerald

Reply to
Gerald Vogt
Loading thread data ...

You did great with English. Since I don't know German I can't make it easier on you :)

Reply to
Leythos

Well, I take it as a compliment that you consider my English that good... I am German and right now I am more a bored husband than anything else. ;-)

Gerald

Fup poster

Reply to
Gerald Vogt

Lots of great ideas about firewalls and routers. A very lively debate. It's funnythough how quickly things go off on a tangent.

I asked originally if someone new a fix for the extra-long WinXP boot-up time incurred when running Norton Internet Security Firewall. It's the only part of NIS I still have turned off. Using WinXP SP2's firewall at the moment.

Reply to
Evan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.