Nokia VPN210

Hello, I'm new on this group, and I've two questions:

1. How may I change the administrator password - maybe though serial, but I don't know how to connect via serial to VPN - HyperTerminal told me that com2 is busy.
  2. I've 2 sites with that Nokia, but I want when user log to gateway1 that he may use resources on gateway2. In this day user must log on gateway2 whe he want use resources from site2. Something like tunnel between sites, but how ?

Please give hints what I may configure this,

Thanks Best regards Thomas.

Reply to
Tomasz K.
Loading thread data ...

OK, I log to my firewall via SSH, but I don't know how change the password ? I type clish, set admin passwd, but I have information about 8 haracters, I have 10 without %!@ etc.

point 2 is actual, I don't know how setr the site-to-site VPN tunnel clear for users. Help

THANKS best regards

Thomas

U¿ytkownik "Tomasz K." napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:epctv4$5be$ snipped-for-privacy@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...

Reply to
Tomasz K.

OK, I change the administrator password.

Please help me with site-to-site

Best regards Thomas

U¿ytkownik "Tomasz K." napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:epdb8g$nel$ snipped-for-privacy@atlantis.news.tpi.pl...

Reply to
Tomasz K.

Thomas, A vpn210? Wow... that's an old box. I guess the newest CP release available for vpn210 was... 4.1SP6, and that box went end of sale 6 years & 9 days ago:

formatting link
To reset the admin password you need physical access to the box and boot it up in single user mode. The vpn210 used ipso 3.4 or lower. Please review these for details:
formatting link
The tunnel is defined in the Checkpoint FW-1 GUI, a client that will need to be installed on a client PC. You will however need to add the ip address of this pc in the $FWDIR/conf/gui-clients file and you also need the checkpoint credentials to be able to login and get access to it.

Good luck!

Lars

Tomasz K. wrote: : OK, I log to my firewall via SSH, but I don't know how change the password ? : I type clish, set admin passwd, but I have information about 8 haracters, I : have 10 without %!@ etc.

: point 2 is actual, I don't know how setr the site-to-site VPN tunnel clear : for users. : Help

: THANKS best regards

: Thomas

: U¿ytkownik "Tomasz K." napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci : news:epctv4$5be$ snipped-for-privacy@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... : > Hello, I'm new on this group, and I've two questions: : >

: > 1. How may I change the administrator password - maybe though serial, but : > I don't know how to connect via serial to VPN - HyperTerminal told me that : > com2 is busy. : > 2. I've 2 sites with that Nokia, but I want when user log to gateway1 that : > he may use resources on gateway2. In this day user must log on gateway2 : > whe he want use resources from site2. Something like tunnel between sites, : > but how ? : >

: > Please give hints what I may configure this, : >

: > Thanks : > Best regards : > Thomas. : >

Reply to
larstr

Tomasz K. wrote: : OK, I change the administrator password.

: Please help me with site-to-site

Hi Thomas, Good you made it this far! :)

There are several ways to do this and I think it would be useful for you to read some documentation on this topic:

Check Point Getting Started Guide:

formatting link
Integration with VPN-1/FireWall-1 and SecuRemote:
formatting link
Your firewalls are however very old and can't run any new software versions, so you should *really* start planning to get replacements if you care about security.

Good luck!

Lars

: U¿ytkownik "Tomasz K." napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci : news:epdb8g$nel$ snipped-for-privacy@atlantis.news.tpi.pl... : > OK, I log to my firewall via SSH, but I don't know how change the password : > ? : > I type clish, set admin passwd, but I have information about 8 haracters, : > I have 10 without %!@ etc. : >

: > point 2 is actual, I don't know how setr the site-to-site VPN tunnel clear : > for users. : > Help : >

: > THANKS best regards : >

: > Thomas : >

: >

: > U¿ytkownik "Tomasz K." napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci : > news:epctv4$5be$ snipped-for-privacy@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... : >> Hello, I'm new on this group, and I've two questions: : >>

: >> 1. How may I change the administrator password - maybe though serial, but : >> I don't know how to connect via serial to VPN - HyperTerminal told me : >> that com2 is busy. : >> 2. I've 2 sites with that Nokia, but I want when user log to gateway1 : >> that he may use resources on gateway2. In this day user must log on : >> gateway2 whe he want use resources from site2. Something like tunnel : >> between sites, but how ? : >>

: >> Please give hints what I may configure this, : >>

: >> Thanks : >> Best regards : >> Thomas. : >>

Reply to
larstr

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.