New '80s Show

X-No-Archive: Yes

There is a new weekly show with featuring '80s oldies looking to buy time on my online radio station. The producer of this show KNOWS that I will move HEAVEN AND EARTH to make it harder to workplaces to block out my show. He has apparently been watching the flamewars I have been having with a few,. on here, and he knows about my RDNS trick, which causes my domain to appear, instead of the live365.com domain, if anyone uses an numerical IP address to connect to my station. Their sponsors are paying BIG MONEY for the advertisement of thier products, and they expect RESULTS.

I am going to check out the broadcast from another station carrying it. And if I like it, we may be able to ink a deal and get his show on my station, in the next few weeks. At the time he would be coming on, it would be the workday in Australia, Asia, and NZ, and workplaces there will be able to listen to this guy's show, through my station, if we ink a deal for my station to carry his show.

So those admins in Australia, Asia, and NZ better get ready for people listening to this guy's 80s "flashback" type of show, from work, if we DO end up inking a deal for my station to carry the show.

Reply to
Chilly8
Loading thread data ...

Which continues to prove that you are an unethical ass-hole.

Reply to
Leythos

Well, the producer has no problem with what I do. He KNOWS that the more people that tune in, the more money he will make from sponsors. And his sponsors want their messages to be heard. In these harder economic times, it is more IMPORTANT than EVER, that their message be heard, in order to attract more potential customers. Sponsors are expecting RESULTS, and the KNOW that ANYTHING on my station WILL be heard in more workplaces, schools, and everyone else that filters content. The sponsors of programs want RESULTS from their adverts, and I do EVERYTHING possible to make SURE they get the most "bang" for their buck.

And people like me, that will do ANYTHING to make sure a program is heard, are going to be in demand.

Reply to
Chilly8

I am giving the one copy sent to me of the show, to try out, a go, and in the past 1/2 hour its been on, I have seen conncection from corporate networks all over the United States and Canada. A lot of people want to listen to this guy's show from work. I am also seeing connections from phpProxy installations as well, so it looks like if I make this show a part of my lineup, it will be quite the hit.

Reply to
Chilly8

Well, that means you and the producer are unethical, and that's fine, since you accept being an unethical person, only concerned with your own wealth and not with doing the right thing.

Reply to
Leythos

Your proxy hijinks, while mildly entertaining, are a bit off topic. Although web, application, and streaming proxy servers are discussed here, perhaps this particular thread is more appropriate to alt.internet.radio or one of the many Net radio fora like

formatting link

-Gary

Reply to
Gary

That sponsors that advertise on the show want their most for thier money, and they want their message heard. The sponsors want their message heard. And in these tough economic times, sponsors want more from their their money, when it comes to running ads, so I oblige both the producer and the advertisers to make sure that the the money that is paid to the producers gets the most results.

Reply to
Chilly8

And the road to hell is paved with such "good" intentions.

I'm just sayin.

Best Regards,

Reply to
Todd H.

And evil doers always have an excuse, like you do, "tough economic times" does not justify unethical actions, except for corrupt people that have no ethics.

Reply to
Leythos

Since when is advertisement a good intention?

Reply to
Sebastian G.

Oh the advertisers and spammers _always_ seem to think they're spreading good and valuable that the public just won't know about otherwise!

It's all marketing crap of course, usually for stuff that people don't need and won't improve their lives one iota.

Reply to
Todd H.

For talk and sports programming, we use a Shoutcast feed, and during the Euiropean figure skating championships last week, I saw a lot of connections to the Shoutcast feed from office networks all over Europe, during the week. Beucase I have the Shoutcast server running on a port other than 8000, it is available in more workplaces. I have it on a very high port. And since I am not in any web filter lists (which I frequently check), any talk or sports programming we run on the Shoutcast server WILL be heard in most workplaces. Anything from a Shoutcast server, unlike with Live 365, can still be heard with Windows Media Player, without having to be a techno-wiz, so someone could merly plug in the address of my Shoutcast server into Windows Media Player, after they get to work, and they are good to go. You can even listen to a Shoutcast server through a "web proxy" server, such as phpProxy, and I did see a LOT of connections from those, during last week's broadcast of the European figure skating championships.

Reply to
Chilly8

Except, again, on 8000 or 80 or 443, your service would not be accessible from any properly configured firewall in any company that cared.

Nothing you've posed in the few years I've seen your posts shows you as anything except an unethical business person with very limited knowledge of anything related to the internet or networking or security.

Reply to
Leythos

I just formally welcomed his show to the lineup. Given rhe results of the web logs, and connect attempts made through php and cgi proxy installations all over the globe, I have a show in the lineup that could really reel in the listeners.

Most of the phpProxy sites are hosted on server farms that cater to business users, so blocking anything from these server farms could also cut off business-related sites as well. This is why most phpProxy operators do this, to make it more difficult for businesses to block them without resorting to expensive filtering software. No business in their right mind is going to block access to work-related sites just to block proxy sites.

Reply to
Chilly8

Bullshit.

And the bullshit continues...

And there' no reason why they should do so.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

This is one thing that is going to make swiss cheese out of Australia's proposed Internet censorship regime. More affluent Australians can simply put their own server in a colocation facility outside of Australia, and then use that to surf the Net, and the Australian authorities will have no idea what they are up to. Packages start for as little as 200 AUD per month. Just access your server with Windows Remote Desktop and start surfing and the authorities in Australia won't know what you are up to. They would know you were connecting to a network on a server farm somewhere, but would not know where you were going beyond that server.

Simply put, affluent Australians will be able to circumvent the filtering regime by placing their own server at colocation facilities outside of Australia, and using those to surf the Net. ISP-level filtering in Australia will only hurt the poor, while the rich will just simply be able to put their own servers in colocation facilities outside of Australia and surf wherever they want.

Reply to
Chilly8

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.