Need old BlackICE software

I would like to purchase from someone an older version of BlackICE Guard (network IDS/IPS) or even an old version of BlackICE Defender (desktop or server). I am looking for something around 1999, 2000,

2001 or even 2002 at the very latest. If anyone can help me, please post here or email me at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com.
Reply to
dkarhu
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Tony

May we ask what are you using that's not considered a piece of shit and a pig, like the rest of the PFW(s), since you needed to get all personal, like a clown?

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

You talk a lot like the guy on this web site. The men in the white coats took this guy to the mental asylum after he spoke to the FBI.

formatting link
Note what the lunatic says about black ice defender. BlackICE Defender v2.5 ($39.95) ?

I did not have a current copy of BlackICE Defender around, but I felt that this was an important test. So I laid out $39.95 through Network ICE's connection to the Digital River eCommerce retailer and purchased the latest version (v2.5) of BlackICE Defender hot off the Internet. I had already removed all traces of ZoneAlarm and restarted the machine, so I installed BlackICE Defender, let everything settle down, and restarted the machine with my packet sniffer running on an adjacent PC.

As far as I could tell, BlackICE Defender had ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on the dialogs being held by the Zombies and Trojans running inside the poor "Sitting Duck" laptop. I knew that BlackICE Defender was a lame personal firewall, but this even surprised me.

The Zombie/Bot happily connected without a hitch to its IRC chat server to await further instructions. The Sub7 Trojan sent off its eMail containing the machine's IP and the port where it was listening. Then it connected and logged itself into the Sub7 IRC server, repeating the disclosure of the machine's IP address and awaiting port number. No alerts were raised, nothing was flashing in the system tray. The Trojans were not hampered and I received no indication that anything wrong or dangerous was going on.

I took a lot of grief after my LeakTest utility cut right through BlackICE Defender. Network ICE told everyone that LeakTest was "being allowed through" because it was a completely benign Trojan. I knew that was a load of bull (and they must have too), but it didn't really matter to me, and I had no affirmative means of proving otherwise.

Well . . . I have that now, and so do you.

I performed one final test: As I had with ZoneAlarm, I attempted to connect to the Sub7Server Trojan running inside the "Sitting Duck" machine on the IP and listening port number the Trojan was advertising all over the Internet . . . and it worked perfectly. I received Sub7's "PWD" prompt asking me to login.

Anyone want an "only used once" copy of BlackICE Defender?

I certainly have no use for it.

To anyone who is still stubborn enough to insist that BlackICE Defender is actually good for something: PLEASE do not write to me. I don't want to hear it. I'm a scientist who will not find your mystic beliefs to be compelling. I respect your right to your own opinions, no matter how blatantly they fly in the face of logic and reality. That is, after all, the nature of faith. Happy computing. I suggest prayer.

>
Reply to
Tony

I think you need to change that line about packet sniffer to fart sniffer.

Reply to
Conner J

Did I ask you about all this?

I ran the test too when I was into using BI's. It's doing no less than the rest of the pieces of crap PFW's with Application Control.

And neither does the other ones with the worthless App control in them as malware can circumvent and defeat every last one of them, if it hits the machine and is executed.

If you think that Leaktest and some PFW with Application Control is some kind of savior, then what can I say? And the fact that you even bring up Leaktest and that damn Gibson, tells me just what you know, nothing.

Well, see if ZA can stop anything at system boot and logon, when the PFW has not been started first before the O/S can make a TCP/IP connection and the malware can start and get there before the PFW can be started, since any 3rd party PFW is NOT and integrated part of the O/S.

Install Gator on that machine and set all the little rules with your PFW and see if it can stop Gator from calling home, at system boot and logon. You should install Active Ports (free), set its refresh rate to high, put a short-cut for AP in the Start folder and boot the machine and logon. You see if that PFW can get to the TCP/IP and stop Gator.

The bottom line is BI, ZA and the rest of that crap are not FW(s), period, just machine level packet filters that can be circumvented, and defeated easily.

To anyone that thinks that a PFW is all that, like this person that's a scientist, not in IT as a profession, not in security as a profession, doesn't know anything, went to Leaktest mind you Leaktest and that

*clown*, Gibson, well what can I say.

Scientist, you're a dime a dozen and we've have seen your kind before. You you need to get on your scientist big wheel and go play in street traffic.

Here you go scientist, learn about firewalls instead of popping off your mouth about a 3rd party personal packet filter and what you know, you don't know.

formatting link

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

ok, we heard a couple productive answers (not), I am just wondering why you would want software that is 6 years old?

I am assuming you want to test something. Or are you writing a paper, or are you building a software museum...

M
Reply to
mak

Reply to
Tony

Reply to
Tony

While im not a user of blackice Doesnt blackices application control feature recommend that it be virus/trojan free before application control is run though?.

"For example, if you install BlackICE after a Trojan application has been installed on your machine, BlackICE assumes the application is known to you and does not block it from launching or contacting a network.

Important: To get the full benefit of Application Protection, make sure your system is free of dangerous applications before installing BlackICE by scanning your system for viruses with an anti-virus program."

formatting link
me

Reply to
bassbag

Scientist Tony Tiger, that's soft logical for a fool on a tricycle with red wagon in tow, using App Control and calls himself a scientist.

The only thing you can do scientifically for me scientist Tony Tiger is clean the s*ht off my shoes and spit shine them with your tongue, scientist.

Scientifically, you should go get yourself hit in street traffic, little scientist Tony Tiger.

Let us hear your roar scientist Tony Tiger, and then you can go play.

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

Reply to
Tony

Scientist Tony Tiger you need to stop smoking the chemicals in the basement, scientist.

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

Reply to
Tony

Once again you dumb-ass home user/scientist, Tony Tiger, and brain cells out of balanced wet behind the ears fool, you're the one that seems to have looked over both your shoulders with pop-up messages from a PFW or personal packet filter, under both arm pits.

A PFW or packet filter is not a firewall. Application Control in them that you depend upon like a crutch is no more than snake-oil, which can be circumvented and defeated, easily.

I'll bet you got all the snake-oil like Ad-Aware, Spybot Search & Destroy and the rest of the snake-oil running too on the machine. I say this because you came out with the big words like "Sitting Duck", "LeakTest", "Zombies" and all the little words you have learned.

The one thing I'll give you credit for is not saying "Gibson said this" and "Gibson said that", although I know you been on your knees to him.

Scientist Tony Tiger, you're a big time fool/home user *clown*. That's all you are no more and no less.

We've all seen your kind before. You should disappear into the street traffic and get yourself ran over.

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

on 29 Dec 2006, something possessed Mr. Arnold to write:

You sound like that Sebasitan Gottchalks fellow. If you aren't him, than maybe you two should meet (in my killfile). I'm sure you two will get along great.

Cheers, and happy holidays

Will

Reply to
William

Oh, I am hurt that you did that. . I see you're weak. I have had a word or two with SG he's OK most of the time. I have had words with him about the XP FW. SG likes the XP FW. What can I say?

I won't put you in my KF, as you're no one to in the first place. You should put yourself in your KF, so I won't hear from you again now will I, please, please and please.

No cheers and no happy anything for you.

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Reply to
Tony

If you're talking about this fool Sir Righteous El Capitan William, a pussy plonk and runner, he needs to be flogged, tarred and feathered, hanged from the highest limb on a tree and then ran out of town, the back stabbing righteous bastard.

Reply to
Death

Reply to
Tony

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.