Need Help, Sygate Personal Firewall - Teefer caused protention error

I am trying to install Sygate Personal Firewall on a Windows 98 machine I have tried both the 5.5 version and the 5.6, but as soon as I reboot after the installation is completed I get the following message, and Windows 98 will not start.

While initializing device TEEFER: Windows protection error. You need to restart your computer.

Stygate installed TEEFER.VXD on the computer

Is there something I have to add to my computer in order to run VXD files.

This computer can not run anything higher than Windows 98 Can anyone please supply an answer to this problem.

Reply to
Hal
Loading thread data ...

Hi Hal. I don't have an answer but this might be helpful. I have Sygate Pro v5.5 build 2710 on my Win98. I did a search and found teefer.vxd at D:\\applicantions\\sygate and at C:\\windows\\system. I had no problem during installation or since. Good luck--Sygate is an excellent firewall. Casey

Reply to
Casey

Note that there are seperate Sygate versions for Win98 and XP/2000. Could you by chance have the wrong version. Also, take a look at Sygate Forum:

formatting link
might find an answer there. If this a unique problem (sometime known as an issue ), I would think Sygate Technologies would like to know about it. Casey

Reply to
Casey

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.