Zywall 10w freezing

I need some help please. I just got a brand new Zyxel Zywall 10w firewall device yesterday and since then it has lost internet connection twice by totally freezing the connection. i would just be downloading and bam, no more internet. logging into the router and telling it to restart fixes the issue for a short time then later bam, same thing happens. it's using the newest firmware with default settings. used to have last year a zywall 2x that never froze and my other belkin wireless router doesn't freeze ever.

can anyone think of anything?

Reply to
Joe
Loading thread data ...

Why do you call me abspc?

Reply to
Joe

Oh, by the way, thanks for the tip and tomorrow I do plan on calling Zyxel, but was hoping someone here that could help tonight would be willing to.

Reply to
Joe

Dear Joe, aka abspc( snipped-for-privacy@l.com)

Probably the best forum for you would be the dslreports zyxel forum. There are some very knowledgeable zyxel people there including a couple of distributors.

formatting link
Peter

Reply to
Peter Georgeu

Well zyxel says it has an auto negotiation issue with the cable modem probably so that's why it's freezing. they can't fix it. so i have to asgain look for another router i guess.

Reply to
Joe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.