Multiple IPs on Sonicwall TZ 170

I have need for 1-1 NAT on a Sonicwall TZ 170 with Enhanced OS 2.0. I have used the Public Server Wizard to route from one external IP to an internal IP for Terminal Services. Using the default WAN IP, the rule works.

With a second WAN IP, I ran the same wizard and the rule does not work.

I also tried configuring the PING service to forward through the second IP, but can't get that to work. I am not certain that I am configuring the Sonicwall to respond to the secondary IP.

I eventually want to configure this for 3-4 WAN IPs.

Thank you,

John

Reply to
john
Loading thread data ...

How is the wan interface configured on the tz170? Did you set the mask on the wan interface properly?

also, what version of enhanced (version numbers of Sonic OS 2 Enhanced start at 3.0) are you using? There were issues with many version of the enhanced OS for the tz170.

Reply to
snertking

I don't know how to set the mask on the WAN properly is what I am guessing. I used the Public Server Wizard to setup my routing rules. Then I saw the instructions under the ARP help that told me to add a static ARP for the external IP. But then it gave instructions to setup a static Route but did not have the pictures in the help file that were supposed to show how to configure this.

The WAN is setup with a Static IP on a T1. The new address will also be a static IP with a .252 subnet.

I would appreciate help setting up the route.

Thank you,

John

Reply to
john

Does any one have any ideas on this situation?

I am trying to setup Remote Desktop to two computers. Each computer has a static IP.

I am trying to set access rules to port forward all access on port 3389 to the computers depending on the external IP address that the client comes in on.

Internally, I can RD to each computer on the LAN. From external to the network, I can RD to one computer, but the second IP is not responding.

My ISP tells me that I am configured and I only have to setup the sonicwall to respond for that IP.

Thank you for the help.

John

Reply to
john

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.