Maybe Jetico isn't so annoying afterall. Try this on for size.

Man, this is the most annoying security software I have *ever* used. You want to allow/deny every in/out process on your PC then get this sucker.

formatting link

Reply to
Half_Light
Loading thread data ...

AntiHook is a little buggy too. I found it reports the wrong processes in a lot of instances. Plus it needs .NET 1.1 for the editor which is silly..

Reply to
Kerodo

Yea, I never tested the editor out because I won't install .Net. I was using the ATI CCC drivers and they require .Net. I used them for a while but the CCC drivers make the boot process a lot longer and the page file usage skyrockets. I now just use ATI's raw driver with ATI Tray Tools by Ray Adams. *Much* better.

I know Antihook is supposed to be left in learning mode for 2 days or so and then it won't bug you so much but I set it to normal mode and it just drove me up the 'effing wall. I'm testing out F-Secure Internet Security 2006 and I'm liking it quite a lot. I actually might pay for this one. I usually go on the cheap and get free software but this one I just *may* buy. Plus it has a rootkit scanner - woot!

Reply to
Half_Light

Hm... this shit doesn't even install (demands admin privileges). Anyway, why do you think checking some system function for hooks helps against malicious software? Didn't get the point about OLE, COM+ DDE and various other mechanisms?

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

I tried Jetico once and I don't suggest using it. Your setup description is how you "block everything you don't use"--don't knock it. Casey

Reply to
Casey

I don't think that. This app would be useless against a rootkit. I've just been testing out various security software over the last few days and having a laugh at their annoyances. See my other post on Jetico.

Reply to
Half_Light

What about what hackers use? Can anti-hook stop rootkits? Nope. I'll be blunt about it - Antihook is the most annoying and useless software I have ever used. Yeah, I'm knocking it, and for a reason.

Reply to
Pack

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.