Thunderbird - Not So Much for This Group

I'm finally starting to get a little like for Thunderbird as an email client and news reader. It has its issues and its still a lumbering process to block a single user, but for Usenet I can just hit one key and a thread just disappears. Over on RCM I can selected a dozen political threads, and hit the kill key and they are completely ignored. The next time I visit the group they don't even show up.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Just don't expect to join multi part images together..

the newest version of T.B.  voided all those old add-ons that could do that..

T.B. does however decode a lot more image types that Grabit..

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.

Reply to
RTS

Geewhiz Bob, I have not found that "one key".

Please advise!!

Reply to
ABLE1

I just press the "IGNORE" button in my head.

Reply to
Jim Davis

K. Highlight the unwanted threads and hit the K key. They all get marked ignore,and on the next visit they don't show at all.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

So I have to acknowledge that they actually exist by highlighting and then hit the K. Is the a upper K or a lower k key??

Just kidding Bob, I have been using Thunderbird ever since Outlook Express went into the history books and never knew that. Thanks!! Give yourself a attaboy or gold star or what ever trips your trigger. You helped a old man cross the street today.

So, if I accidentally use the magic K on one of your posting and I want to undo the dastardly whoops, what is the reverse engineering trick??

Thanks again!! I will try to use wisely.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

View >> Threads >> Ignored Threads

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Thanks Bob,

There is lot of stuff in T-bird that I will never know about or even use. It has a lot of features. There are a few things that I wish it did have. Such as what Rocky said about "joining multi part images together." I have heard about add-ons but that just makes things more complicated sometimes.

Again that for the tip. Have a good week.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I've long since lost interest in assembling multi part binaries from newsgroups, but I do remember the day...

Reply to
Bob La Londe

On 1/16/2018 12:03 PM, Bob La Londe wrote: > On 1/14/2018 3:02 PM, ABLE1 wrote: >> On 1/14/2018 4:32 PM, Bob La Londe wrote: >>> On 1/14/2018 2:30 PM, ABLE1 wrote: >>>> On 1/14/2018 3:51 PM, Bob La Londe wrote: >>>>> On 1/14/2018 7:56 AM, ABLE1 wrote: >>>>>> On 1/13/2018 8:53 PM, Bob La Londe wrote: >>>>>>> I'm finally starting to get a little like for Thunderbird as an >>>>>>> email client and news reader. It has its issues and its still a >>>>>>> lumbering process to block a single user, but for Usenet I can >>>>>>> just hit one key and a thread just disappears. Over on RCM I can >>>>>>> selected a dozen political threads, and hit the kill key and they >>>>>>> are completely ignored. The next time I visit the group they >>>>>>> don't even show up. >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> Geewhiz Bob, I have not found that "one key". >>>>>> >>>>>> Please advise!! >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>> >>>>> K. Highlight the unwanted threads and hit the K key. They all get >>>>> marked ignore,and on the next visit they don't show at all. >>>> >>>> So I have to acknowledge that they actually exist by highlighting >>>> and then hit the K. Is the a upper K or a lower k key?? >>>> >>>> Just kidding Bob, I have been using Thunderbird ever since Outlook >>>> Express went into the history books and never knew that. Thanks!! >>>> Give yourself a attaboy or gold star or what ever trips your >>>> trigger. You helped a old man cross the street today. >>>> >>>> So, if I accidentally use the magic K on one of your posting and I >>>> want to undo the dastardly whoops, what is the reverse engineering >>>> trick?? >>>> >>>> Thanks again!! I will try to use wisely. >>>> >>>> Les >>>> >>> >>> >>> View >> Threads >> Ignored Threads >>> >> >> Thanks Bob, >> >> There is lot of stuff in T-bird that I will never know about or even >> use. It has a lot of features. There are a few things that I wish it >> did have. Such as what Rocky said about "joining multi part images >> together." I have heard about add-ons but that just makes things >> more complicated sometimes. >> >> Again that for the tip. Have a good week. >> >> Les >> >> > > I've long since lost interest in assembling multi part binaries from > newsgroups, but I do remember the day... >

Hey Les, As a long time Thunderbird user... Whats the quick way to just show threads with my posts?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Hey Bob,

If I understand your question correctly. What I would do is type your name in the "Filter these messages search field or type Under the search field you can turn on or off various filters. Such as [Sender] [Recipients] [Subject] [Body] Your choice would be Sender with Londe in the search.

BTW I only started using the feature in the past 6 months or so. I only use the features that I need and little more.

It is very quick and helpful to find that email you were sure you sent or received but can't remember when. Then sometimes you just remember it but can't find it because it was only a text that you sent on your phone.

Have fun!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.