Language Library Error

Hi ...please help! I have Windows xp...after I log in, I get an error: Language Library couldnt be loaded" My Panda Security doesnt auto load any more and I'm unable to open it from the Start Menu.

Reply to
janjan52
Loading thread data ...

OK, and now could you please state your problem? Is this error not serious enough, or would you like to emulate other kinds of errors?

At any rate, why don't you contact the support of the vendor?

Reply to
Sebastian G.

Sorry,,,I'm unable to get rid of the error: Language Library Unable to Load,,I don't know what it is or why I'm getting it. Is it a Trojan or something? It wont allow me to open my Panda Security either..which I've had for a year. As of now, I'm also getting a another pop-up..stating the Tray App Installation Package could not be found and to insert the CD for Tray App.msi????????????? I have no clue what is wrong. I've cleaned cache, etc and ran Ad-Aware. I have done nothing different prior to these 'errors'. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
janjan52

Once again: Where is your problem? This software's inherent purpose is to create random errors, and it seems to work fine with doing so.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

What software is supposed to create random errors??????? Obviously, my problem is getting a pop up stating the language library will not load,, I would like to know how to correct this error. Because of this 'error' I'm unable to open my Panda Security any more.

Reply to
janjan52

Not been on this NG long, have you?

It's Seb's way of heaping scorn on all personal firewalls by saying that they're _designed_ to produce errors and reduce security! He's saying that if you install a PFW it's behaving as designed and therefore you must want these errors to occur. This leads to the fix being to uninstall the PFW.

For a non-native English speaker, he does irony and sarcasm rather well!

We're used to him here! ;^)

Jim Ford

Reply to
Jim Ford

Panda Security Suite. Oh, and Ad-Aware as well. Please don't tell me you're not aware of this.

Uninstall the mentioned software packages?

Reply to
Sebastian G.

Ok...let me get this straight. I need to uninstall Panda (includes firewall)??? and then what???? Reinstall it??I've been using Panda since 7/07 and everything has been fine until now. and no..to the other guy,,I've never heard of Panda, Ad-Aware, etc. creating random errors. I had many more problems with Nortons though. I'm just a simple home user,,and reallllly want to fix this. In fact, when I right click on error (task bar) the Panda pop up Page comes up in Spanish....grrrrrrrrr

Reply to
janjan52

Better not. Why did you even install it in first place?

So what?

Now if you had taken a look at the implementation, it would be obvious. But even if you didn't, the extreme irony in the software's functional description would bite anyone.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

Probably you just don't need a "Personal Firewall". Is it possible to remove Panda?

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Sebastion..you are really confusing. You ask why did I install it in the first place? Because I needed internet security! VB - Yes, I can uninstall Panda and reinstall (I have the CD) and perhaps when it asks preferences, I can decline the firewall?

Reply to
janjan52

The consensus on this group is that _all_ third party Personal Firewalls are total rubbish. Some on this forum, make the point in a not too subtle fashion! I've seen the reasoning behind the above statement and the arguments seem convincing to me. Most say that the 'standard' Windows Firewall is far better than the third party ones.

Myself? I have an old PC running 'Leaf' (Linux Imbeded Application Firewall IIRC) and it works fine. Leaf is free and well supported. Get an old PC out of a skip and download and install Leaf. A pentium 100 is adequate and you don't need a hard disk, monitor or keyboard.

formatting link
Jim Ford

Reply to
Jim Ford

Security isn't achieved by throwing software at systems. And especially not software that is unsuitable to provide any protection.

Aside from the obvious fact that it's no firewall at all, you can decline every part - including the installation, without any loss of security.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

What part of Panda are you depending on?

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.