Kerio 4 baffles me

Reply to
sded
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

I was a happy user of Kerio, version 3 I think it was. After buying a new computer I downloaded Kerio and installed the new version, 4. It is amazingly different from Kerio 3, but as far as stealthing my pc is concerned, it does the job as well as ever. However, I've run into a small difficulty because it apparently doesn't allow my time-adjusting program, Dimension 4, to contact a time server and adjust my clock. Kerio doesn't even ask me what to do when Dimension

4 runs. (As soon as I disable Kerio, D4 works as expected.) Of course I tried to "make a new rule" for the application, but unfortunately I couldn't find a way to do this. Any help is appreciated.

w.

Reply to
wasknijper

Thank you! It's very much the same program after all, but it was the combination of a new user interface and new terminology ("packet filter") that confused me.

Reply to
wasknijper

Reply to
nanu

Yes, they both don't "stealth" your PC at all - because this just is nonsense.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

It was not possible to do any kind of source routing with PIX software version 5.1(5).

Did you happen to mean PIX model number 515 instead of version 515? The PIX model 515 supports PIX software version 6.3 and 7.0.

6.3 on the PIX 515 supports route maps for use with OSPF -- but that's the only kind of route maps you can use in PIX 6.3

I have not looked to see if you can do any kind of source routing in PIX 7.0.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.